Sign in to follow this  
whtpqgk

2018 AB/BC 2L Recruit

Osler - Calgary - second interviews/uofc

Norton Rose Fulbright Calgary - uofc/first in-firms

McCarthy Calgary - uofc/First in-firms

So my understanding is that those from UofC will be going in for their 1st interviews with firms in-firm this week or next? Is that true in most cases? Or are you on seconds already?

No ITCs yet (Vancouver). How long does it normally take.. and will I get rejection emails? Does the fact that I got no ITCs and it's 30 min in pretty much mean that I'm done?

4 minutes ago, arigold111 said:

No ITCs yet (Vancouver). How long does it normally take.. and will I get rejection emails? Does the fact that I got no ITCs and it's 30 min in pretty much mean that I'm done?

Im not sure all firms in Vancouver send ITCs...I've heard some might spontaneously call you on call day. Would be great if someone can confirm this though.

FWIW, a 3rd year at Uvic told me yesterday that everyone who received an in-firm last year with a Vancouver law firm was emailed an ITC (with the possible exception of random ones like ICBC). 

51 minutes ago, arigold111 said:

In the same boat, seemed based on last years thread that some itc's went out in the afternoon, so we aren't out yet!

I heard from a 3rd year at UVic yesterday that some of the regional firms don't send out ITC. That goes to show how conflicting some of the information is these days.

Also, emails are still coming in so don't fret! I just received my most recent one at 9:25am. 

Good luck everyone!

Vancouver

In firms from Labarge Weinstein, MOI, & Cassel Brock. 

PFO-Clark Wilson. 

I have heard from friends that they received in-firms from Stikes, Faskens, Alexander Holburn. 

Edited by allard231

3 hours ago, rainthundersun said:

For those doing Calgary recruit - is it safe to say if you haven't heard anything from firms by now you probably didn't get an interview?

I'm not sure. I sort of got a "please visit us if you go to Calgary" from a firm I interviewed with. Not sure if that's an in firm interview or not. 

1 minute ago, bananasamana said:

I'm not sure. I sort of got a "please visit us if you go to Calgary" from a firm I interviewed with. Not sure if that's an in firm interview or not. 

I'm not applying to Calgary, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing the Calgary in firm are not as formal, and often are phrased like that, but it really means you should go. I would send you careers office an email or talk to an upper who went through the recruit.