Sign in to follow this  
bluejays17

2018 2L Recruitment

29 minutes ago, hmyo said:

but that's the thing right?

I imagine great firms don't wanna see their candidates having a 3 month gap (May to July) :(

Why would you have a complete gap? There are lots of interesting things you could do during that time. A research position, a non-law job, volunteering locally or abroad... 

7 minutes ago, barelylegal said:

Why would you have a complete gap? There are lots of interesting things you could do during that time. A research position, a non-law job, volunteering locally or abroad... 

Exactly what I was going to say. Having a gap would be a problem, so better find something to fill it. 

I should have stated more clearly I was referring to a "law related" gap. It's not lost on me that I have to look broadly and I have been - Research positions, non-law positions to "signify my interest", and so on. Nevertheless, at the rate I'm going,  it feels more and more like I will begin May unemployed. 

Now, before I get scolded for being entitled and so forth, I am not asking for automatic employment. I just want a chance to interview, but there honestly hasn't been many. It just frustrates me because I feel I can't be that bad a candidate. I had a handful of OCIs, had full day of infirms, and ultimately 2 firms said i was really close but no offer. Nevertheless, I haven't been able to interview for much ever since even though I've kept my 2L grades up. 

It's a tough market, and I'm just speaking up to see if anyone else sees it the same way. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hmyo said:

I should have stated more clearly I was referring to a "law related" gap. It's not lost on me that I have to look broadly and I have been - Research positions, non-law positions to "signify my interest", and so on. Nevertheless, at the rate I'm going,  it feels more and more like I will begin May unemployed. 

Now, before I get scolded for being entitled and so forth, I am not asking for automatic employment. I just want a chance to interview, but there honestly hasn't been many. It just frustrates me because I feel I can't be that bad a candidate. I had a handful of OCIs, had full day of infirms, and ultimately 2 firms said i was really close but no offer. Nevertheless, I haven't been able to interview for much ever since even though I've kept my 2L grades up. 

It's a tough market, and I'm just speaking up to see if anyone else sees it the same way. 

Of course it's a tough market. I don't think anyone will dispute that. That being said, you do what you have to do. If you can't find a law-related job, then you need to find something else to do instead of sitting around for 3 months doing nothing. A non-law job can still teach you transferrable skills, and it looks a hell of a lot better than absolutely nothing.

13 hours ago, BlindJustice said:

Has anyone heard from the Community Legal Clinic of Richmond Hill?

They’ve been making calls for interviews next week I’ve heard.

On 2018-04-19 at 1:02 AM, BlindJustice said:

Has anybody heard from Schultz Frost?

Someone I know has an interview with them this week