bluejays17

2018 2L Recruitment

18 minutes ago, lawwstudent1993 said:

Anyone's dentons ITC mention anything about dinner or lunch?

Yes, it was a "lunch or dinner" invitation.

34 minutes ago, Caff said:

Yes, it was a "lunch or dinner" invitation.

Did you get a lunch or dinner invitation in lieu of an invitation to a reception on Monday or did your Denton's ITC mention both? Also this is for Toronto recruit right?

There was also a reception invitation, and yes, this is for the Toronto recruit.

To make it clearer: For the Toronto recruit, did anyone hear anything back (ITC, PFO, reply to a thank you note) from Gowlings or McCarthy (U of Ottawa)?

What takes these firms a long time (3 weeks sometimes) to send these ITC's (if they decide to send ITC's)? Is it the compiling process from all universities that take awhile? I thought that they pretty much decide on the day of the interviews. Am I wrong? Just wondering what goes on behind the scenes.

Edited by GameOfHumour

4 minutes ago, GameOfHumour said:

What takes these firms a long time (3 weeks sometimes) to send these ITC's (if they decide to send ITC's)? Is it the compiling process from all universities that take awhile? I thought that they pretty much decide on the day of the interviews. Am I wrong? 

When were your OCIs? 

• Like 1

Last Friday, so it's reasonable that I have not heard back yet from some of the firms.

I'm just trying to understand what goes on behind the scenes. Do these interviewers send their ranks to the recruiters, and then the recruiter compiles all the ranks from the various universities, and send in-firm emails? Is there a quota for each university to give in-firm interviews so that the firm would have a more diverse law school background of people? etc.

1 hour ago, GameOfHumour said:

Last Friday, so it's reasonable that I have not heard back yet from some of the firms.

I'm just trying to understand what goes on behind the scenes. Do these interviewers send their ranks to the recruiters, and then the recruiter compiles all the ranks from the various universities, and send in-firm emails? Is there a quota for each university to give in-firm interviews so that the firm would have a more diverse law school background of people? etc.

Various firms employ different methods. From my discussions with some of the recruiters, some have rough quotas for each school so they select infirm candidates accordingly. Others have an overall quota and group various schools together or do them all at once. It is quite an arbitrary process and a lot of luck is definitely involved throughout.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, akratic said:

Lenczner Slaght ITC (Western)

Congrats!!!

Anyone hear back (ITC OR PFO) from any other schools?

1 minute ago, WellsFargo said:

Congrats!!!

Anyone hear back (ITC OR PFO) from any other schools?

Very eager to know as well - was the message personal, or a generic form email?

9 minutes ago, DorianGray said:

Very eager to know as well - was the message personal, or a generic form email?

Lenczner ITC a few minutes ago.

• Like 2