Sign in to follow this  
Blondlaw

Two undergrad degrees, very different GPAs

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for law school this year and am in a rather sticky situation. I have 2 undergrad degrees, one with a GPA of 1.88, the other 3.62 (. I have yet to write my lsat (writing in September) and am hoping to achieve a 165+ (I've been scoring this consistently on my practice tests). My 3.62 gpa consists of two years of work, as I was able to complete that degree in two years. 

Am I completely screwed for law schools? I know many look at L2, and some holistically. I think I have a good chance at a holistic school but I could use some advice. I've been scouring threads and the internet and not much is conclusive. Any advice is appreciated!

While you are completing your second degree. Meanwhile, you can try to apply U of Saskatchewan, that only needs two full year of undergraduate study only. And if you can possibly score 165 on  lsat,  you are very likely to be in good shape. 

You actually don't have to wait until you complete your second degree as a whole,and you can try to  apply this incoming October.

Edited by akulamasusu

Your situation isn't really that uncommon so the first thing I think you should do is search the forums and read the past threads about people in your position. It should prove helpful. You can also look through past accepted/rejected threads to see if you can find applicants who look like you to try to figure out where you stand. 

Look up what schools are L2 only, you can gauge your chances for those schools, and figure out what sort of LSAT you need. 

As far as gauging your chances at holistic schools sorry, but situations like yours don't lend well to gauging chances at holistic schools. You're just going to have to put your best foot forward and see what happens. 

Hope this helps, no you aren't completely screwed, but I don't think you're going to feel comfortable going through the cycle because you'll deal with a lot of uncertainty. Good luck! 

• Like 1