Sign in to follow this  
ElsbethTascioni

3L Dean's List, Pt 2

Hello all! Does anyone know whether Dean's List and course prize notifications have gone out for 3Ls?

@barelylegal Update: We rec'd our final grades over 2 weeks ago, and I'm afraid my grades this year might put me on the brink of making the DL. I had A-s in practically every course, ending with a gpa just above 3.7 for the year. Trying not to think about it, but can't wait to have some closure either way!

Edited by ElsbethTascioni

I'm a 3L who had a gpa ~3.7 this year with a few As scattered about. Heard nothing RE: course prizes or Dean's List. I'm assuming I missed out haha oh well!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pinball said:

I'm a 3L who had a gpa ~3.7 this year with a few As scattered about. Heard nothing RE: course prizes or Dean's List. I'm assuming I missed out haha oh well!

Hey friend! Same boat as you. Were you at QL all year, or did you go on exchange for a semester?

9 minutes ago, ElsbethTascioni said:

Hey friend! Same boat as you. Were you at QL all year, or did you go on exchange for a semester?

I was here all year.

• Like 1

When I was at Queen's, I didn't get any kind of notification about making Dean's List. It just showed up on my transcript. Not sure if that was an anomaly or if procedure has changed. Course prizes would likely have some kind of notification, I'd think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barelylegal said:

When I was at Queen's, I didn't get any kind of notification about making Dean's List. It just showed up on my transcript. Not sure if that was an anomaly or if procedure has changed. Course prizes would likely have some kind of notification, I'd think.

Thanks barelylegal! I was notified previously for both of the above, but perhaps they've switched back to the old system as of late?

I have heard course prizes are out but that was for 1Ls, not sure if the upper year/1L prizes come out at different times.

I was notified about 1L dean's list today - made it with a 3.66 in case anyone is wondering about the cutoff. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2017 at 0:05 AM, ElsbethTascioni said:

Thanks barelylegal! I was notified previously for both of the above, but perhaps they've switched back to the old system as of late?

Also, FYI for future students-- it's still the same notification system as in 1L (email/letter from Dean Flanagan). System hasn't changed.

EDIT: For those anxious 1Ls who might be upset at missing the cut-off: It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. I had just as many (or perhaps more) failures as people who didn't make the 1L Dean's List, come OCI time. And Dean's List was more of a vanity project in 3L, since people were generally employed by then.

TL;DR- Congrats if you made it; don't sweat it if you don't.

1 hour ago, ElsbethTascioni said:

Also, FYI for future students-- it's still the same notification system as in 1L (email/letter from Dean Flanagan). System hasn't changed.

EDIT: For those anxious 1Ls who might be upset at missing the cut-off: It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. I had just as many (or perhaps more) failures as people who didn't make the 1L Dean's List, come OCI time. And Dean's List was more of a vanity project in 3L, since people were generally employed by then.

TL;DR- Congrats if you made it; don't sweat it if you don't.

Wait. So I don't automatically get a clerkship at the SCC and an associate position at Skadden?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grishamlaw said:

Wait. So I don't automatically get a clerkship at the SCC and an associate position at Skadden?

Haha. One of my friends legitimately contemplating dropping out after 1L when he didn't make the Dean's List. He got hired way before I did (and deservedly so). :) Waste of a summer agonizing over something that wasn't quite as life-changing as he thought, poor guy.