Sign in to follow this  
PerniciousLaw

Waitlist 2017

The alternative is that they go back through hundreds of files to order them, which is possible but pretty inefficient. So yes, I think it would be better, while reviewing, to have a general idea where each applicant is going to go.

Still have my fingers crossed for you guys. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kiamia said:

No. Or they would be able to rank them now. I mean when the add new people to the wait list, they're doing it in terms of "better than person A", "worse than person B". So let's say they have 1, 2, 3, 4 currently and read a file they REALLY like today, but can't find space for them. That person may go to the top of the waitlist, shifting everyone else down. Which is why numbering while you're still reviewing is pointless. 

Let me give my 3 cents worth on ranking

I don't want to scare a lot f you who are waiting. The class is full now and some of you are put on the waiting list.

If you are on the list that means your file has been read and ranked.  Ottawa is ready to give you an offer if you are next in line when a spot opens up.

I have posted how spots may be opened up and my prediction on how many spots on a different thread. I don't want to repeat it here.

Ottawa have an idea where you rank now. They will send you an email within a few days to a few weeks to ask you if you want to remain on the wait list and provide a deadline date

that you must reply. the ranking may not be exactly 1, 2,3 etc. But you many be rank top 10, 11 to 20, 21 to 30 etc.

Assuming there are 300 on the wait list and only 200 confirm they want to remain on the wait list. A revised wait list with ranking will be created from those who want to remain on the wait list.

If you did not reply to the first confirmation and you later want to be added back to the wait list, then you may lose your ranking. I missed my first notification and I was ranked 600+ although my stats were a lot better than quite a few who got in. Lessons learned the hard way.

• Like 1

Just my two cents.. 

I personally provisionally accepted Uottawa but it is not my first choice. I have 3 other ontario schools that I am waiting to hear back from (I have not been waitlisted or heard anything back from any of them). This is a weird cycle because things are moving very slowly. Just because the waitlist started doesn't mean that the class is filled up.. I am sure a ton of people are waiting to hear back from a couple schools like I am. As soon as these schools send out more acceptances, I am sure that spots will open up!

• Like 1

Just got added to the unnumbered waitlist! 

Does anyone know if we confirm our interest to remain on the waitlist as they stated on the portal, will other schools be notified? Or will it be similar to provisionally accepting where applications remain in other schools and nothing changes in that regard? 

Thanks!

I was put on the wait-list at the same time as the previous posters. 

CGPA: 3.47

L2: 3.67

LSAT: 157

Judging from the previous threads, it looks like the wait-list won't be numbered for another month or so.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Torontoguy93 said:

Waitlisted today

cGPA: 3.5

L2: 3.8

LSAT: 158/158

Did you apply anywhere else?

18 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Did you apply anywhere else?

Yeah! All other Ontario universities except Lakehead. Why do you ask?

Never thought I would get waitlisted.

cGPA: 2.8 

L2: over 3.3 (haven't done the calculations yet)

LSAT: 149, 151

Access claims. 

On 4/26/2017 at 9:27 PM, PerniciousLaw said:

Just checked uoZone and I'm on the waitlist. No idea what to think! It says it's an unnumbered waitlist. 

GPA: 3.83 

LSAT: 154

My LSAT is definitely the culprit. Praying for a good number though!

Been following you on this forum.  I really hope you get in; I, unfortunately, was rejected on Wednesday (LSAT 165, mature student with a low GPA from 15 years ago), but am still excited to go to UofM (at least I'll save some money!)  

Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, cbee said:

Been following you on this forum.  I really hope you get in; I, unfortunately, was rejected on Wednesday (LSAT 165, mature student with a low GPA from 15 years ago), but am still excited to go to UofM (at least I'll save some money!)  

Good luck! 

Thanks so much! I'm really hoping what they say about Ottawa loving high GPAs, and being forgiving for low LSAT scores, is true. 

Sorry to hear about your rejection, but congrats on U of M! Best of luck with school and everything :) 

• Like 1

Waitlisted as of Wednesday

CGPA: 3.62

LSAT 157

Tonnes of EC; reference from deans office, Graduate Chair and Law prof/Firm I work at. I was very strategic in course selections to get 3 Honors majors (2 BA and 1 BSC) in 4 years.  Personal statement highlighting that Ottawa is the only school I am applying to and why I only want to go there (I have a 5 year old and moving is not an option for the 2 of us). fingers crossed.  Happy to make the list to be honest and know that I am on the right track. Maybe we will all get an email saying they decided to just let everyone in this year on the list...we can dream right?:)

• Like 3

Declined in favour of Western. Hope my spot goes to someone waiting on this wait list. 

Edited by JDhopeful2020
  • Like 1

Waitlisted today.

Undergrad CGPA: 3.08 (77%) - Last 2 years GPA: 3.25 (81.3%) Also did a post grad program (college) as a Paralegal CGPA: 3.8 (95%) - Have been working in this capacity for 4 years now LSAT: rewrote 5 times (highest was 158).

• Like 1

Declining in favour of Western. Hope it bumps some of you people on the forum up !

• Like 3

Waitlisted sometime today. No email yet, just checked uozone:

CGPA: 3.36
L2: 3.5
LSAT: 159

FYI: It says I have until May 10th to send them an email confirming my interest.

22 minutes ago, splur94 said:

Waitlisted sometime today. No email yet, just checked uozone:

CGPA: 3.36
L2: 3.5
LSAT: 159

FYI: It says I have until May 10th to send them an email confirming my interest.

What do you mean by "confirming" your interest? If you do that, then what? Does everyone who gets waitlisted get that option?