Sign in to follow this  
PerniciousLaw

Waitlist 2017

13 minutes ago, ThatCrimGirl said:

On Canada Day? Not a chance. They won't be in until Tuesday, at the earliest. My original statement of them not caring about students and provisional offers becoming firm still stands (in my opinion). 

Question - why do you think Tuesday and not Monday?

16 minutes ago, ThatCrimGirl said:

On Canada Day? Not a chance. They won't be in until Tuesday, at the earliest. My original statement of them not caring about students and provisional offers becoming firm still stands (in my opinion). 

UGH.. but you know what I also have a feeling they're systems r gonna mess up and keep some people even when the firm date comes... well maybe lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PerniciousLaw said:

Question - why do you think Tuesday and not Monday?

Long weekend .. stat holiday 

1 hour ago, coolgirl001 said:

Long weekend .. stat holiday 

Because Canada Day falls on a weekend, Monday becomes the statutory day off, hence the long weekend. So Tuesday earliest they're in next. 

1 hour ago, coolgirl001 said:

UGH.. but you know what I also have a feeling they're systems r gonna mess up and keep some people even when the firm date comes... well maybe lol

Yup, I was one of the people who had the system mess up for me. I never got the email that I was on the waitlist, and found out on the day the response was "due" (May 10th) because I just happened to check my account. Their system, whether plagued by technical difficulties or human ones, has really messed up this round of applications. Leaving a ton of people high and dry with Tuesday being the firm deadline. 

• Like 1

So I guess we just let ourselves get removed from the list today - for those who have provisional acceptances elsewhere :(

Finally got a number! #33 on the numbered waitlist

cGPA 3.71

LSAT 157

Decent/slightly above average softs & LORs.

Also, I don't think I saw anyone else mention it in this forum yet (if they have, then just ignore this), but on UOzone, it says:

"You have been placed on the first numbered waitlist. Please confirm your interest to remain on this list by sending an email to [email protected] before the deadline date of July 5th 2017 otherwise your application will be cancelled." 

So basically, everyone who has received a number and wants to stay on the waitlist should send them an email by tomorrow! Just thought I'd give the heads up, in case anyone missed it.

Edited by LegallyBrownEyedGirl
  • Like 3

They just changed my uzone status to reflect the fact that I accepted their offer to remain on the numbered waitlist, but they didn't send me an email or any other correspondence.  

Edited by woodyhey
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, LegallyBrownEyedGirl said:

Finally got a number! #33 on the numbered waitlist

cGPA 3.71

LSAT 157

Decent/slightly above average softs & LORs.

Also, I don't think I saw anyone else mention it in this forum yet (if they have, then just ignore this), but on UOzone, it says:

"You have been placed on the first numbered waitlist. Please confirm your interest to remain on this list by sending an email to [email protected] before the deadline date of July 5th 2017 otherwise your application will be cancelled." 

So basically, everyone who has received a number and wants to stay on the waitlist should send them an email by tomorrow! Just thought I'd give the heads up, in case anyone missed it.

That's awesome. When'd you get it?

I got mine too. 

You are number 65/176 on the waitlist

i don't know what to do! I don't think I should withdraw from Windsor. Do you guys? 

6 minutes ago, coolgirl001 said:

I got mine too. 

i don't know what to do! I don't think I should withdraw from Windsor. Do you guys? 

That's a tough position. Can you call the school, explain your position, say UOttawa is your preferred but you're close to having your Windsor one going firm? I know people have said the admissions has been ungenerous, but it's fair to say you're facing a hard choice and want to know your chances.

Also got mine. 76/176 but my deadline to respond is July 11th. 

7 minutes ago, coolgirl001 said:

I got mine too. 

This is a hard one. The waitlist is hard to predict based on past years, but I think you just need to decide if you'd be satisfied if you turned down Windsor, and ultimately didn't get into uOttawa from the waitlist

1 minute ago, 3rdGenLawStudent said:

That's a tough position. Can you call the school, explain your position, say UOttawa is your preferred but you're close to having your Windsor one going firm? I know people have said the admissions has been ungenerous, but it's fair to say you're facing a hard choice and want to know your chances.

I wan to but I don't know if they're gonna be help :( hopefully!

16 minutes ago, coolgirl001 said:

I got mine too. 

Tough decision. Think down the line - do you think that being at UOttawa is going to make a major difference in your learning and career outcomes? If yes, and you are totally convinced, then I would say take the risk and decline Windsor. If you aren't convinced of the differences, then I would say just go to Windsor. In the long run there is virtually no difference.

Law school isn't going anywhere either. Provided the applicant class doesn't get markedly stronger, Windsor will probably give you another acceptance in next year's cycle (though this isn't a guarantee, I would bet on it unless someone with more clout than me says otherwise). And there are also opportunities to make your application stronger for Ottawa if you don't cut it on the waitlist this year. A year for experience also isn't a bad idea.

Real tough decision. But you're really in an enviable spot where whichever you decide is still likely to allow you to have a spot in an Ontario law school.

Good luck.

• Like 1

To the people who gor waitlisted past 33, does it mention you're on the first waitlist? 

I also just checked my uozone and saw that it changed to my response of wanting to stay on the waitlist. I didn't get an email or anything though. 

3 minutes ago, FunnyLawName said:

Provided the applicant class doesn't get markedly stronger, Windsor will probably give you another acceptance in next year's cycle (though this isn't a guarantee, I would bet on it unless someone with more clout than me says otherwise)

While I wouldn't presume to have any clout, whatever that means when we're all just speculating on admissions, I would personally be a bit cautious. I'm not saying that the #65 couldn't get an offer this year, but it does look like there is less shuffling around in general.

Remember that we're talking about a lot of applicants across the U.S and Canada, so it doesn't take a lot of people deciding to study here to block other students out. And this year the application deadline was before the US elections. There is a chance that it (and other current events) could make the applicant pool stronger next year.