PerniciousLaw

Waitlist 2017

21 minutes ago, inflex said:

I think we are all higher in the ranking by now. Just don't know by how much. 

3 minutes ago, woodyhey said:

#6. In as of this afternoon.

Congratulations. We have some movements folks!

• Like 1

So I have no clue what Ottawa is doing, because I went firm at Queen's on the 4th, and asked to be removed from the Waitlist, but I too was admitted as of today. #8 on the waitlist. The offer expires August 1st.

I will try to email again to decline my spot, so that there can be more movement. Sorry to those I'm holding up

• Like 3

On 11/07/2017 at 2:23 PM, coolgirl001 said:

Afternoon*

I don't think they've changed the numbers on the waitlist yet. It might be too early. 

It is safe to say our ranks have up gone up by at least 8. I would presume it is much more than that. 

Some movement is better than no movement!

• Like 3

On 7/11/2017 at 3:34 PM, 3rdGenLawStudent said:

So I have no clue what Ottawa is doing, because I went firm at Queen's on the 4th, and asked to be removed from the Waitlist, but I too was admitted as of today. #8 on the waitlist. The offer expires August 1st.

I will try to email again to decline my spot, so that there can be more movement. Sorry to those I'm holding up

Interesting that you have until August 1st. I was under the impression waitlist admissions had a quick timeline as to offer the spot to the next person on the list as soon possible. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, splur94 said:

Interesting that you have until August 1st. I was under the impression waitlist admissions had a quick timeline as to offer the spot to the next person on the list as soon possible. 

It seems like a long time to me, as well. I have emailed admissions (the real address, not the [email protected] one this time) to decline my position, so I hope that helps someone. I tried to decline via OLSAS, which the offer says to respond on that site, but because I went firm at Queens, OLSAS doesn't give  me the option to decline. It shows the offer, but I can't do anything but view it

• Like 1

It seems like uOttawa is unaware of the offers sent out to folks who can't even accept them because they accepted another or previously declined. Sigh.

I called them the other day asking whether they know that they're sending out offers to people who cannot accept (lol) and they said not true. HMMMMM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NisplayDame said:

It seems like uOttawa is unaware of the offers sent out to folks who can't even accept them because they accepted another or previously declined. Sigh.

I called them the other day asking whether they know that they're sending out offers to people who cannot accept (lol) and they said not true. HMMMMM

Well, it is true that I still COULD accept them. They seem to be disregarding OLSAS' protocol, almost. Just because OLSAS shows me as firm does not mean I cannot email Ottawa and give a deposit, and withdraw from Queens. I just don't want to do that ;) 

• Like 1

I think these recent posts raise an interesting point. Let's use rank 50 as an example. We need to be aware that movement on the waitlist in real time does not cause actual movement on the waitlist. We should be cautious of assuming that rank 50 will instantly get admitted just because rank 49 has declined their offer from uOttawa. It takes time for uOttawa to be made aware that movement has occurred. This is on top of the hurdle in an of itself of actually telling uOttawa that someone does not want to accept their offer. As 3rdGen said, there is difficulty with even declining the offer, causing more delay. This is pretty problematic given that classes start in a month and a half. So, the point is that there exists the possibility that the person next in line should get admitted, but won't.

A computer system that allows a student to accept or reject their offer in real time, without the delays in transmitting the message, that then automatically accepts the next person in line seems like a much better alternative to this system.

• Like 4

question is: if they have sent enough offers to fill the class, when is their deadline? If they were offered from the unumbered list, their deadline should have passed by now. These new offers we nkow their deadline is in August. Wondering if they are extending deadlines because of the email issue they are having. Chances are those folks have acceptances at other school or they would be a bit more vested and diligent in tracking their application.

Anyways at original rank of 31 and subtracting 8 because of the new offers, I'm at 23. getting a little antsy on whether this will happen or not.    

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 0:38 PM, coolgirl001 said:

Accepted anywhere else?

Yeah, accepted into U of Alberta. Also waitlisted at Western. 

Good news: I finally heard from UOttawa to tell me they've received my withdrawal. My application shows it has been Cancelled. Hope this helps someone :) 

• Like 6