Sign in to follow this  
ElsbethTascioni

3L Dean's List

Since a lot of 3Ls went on exchange first term, and a lot of the winter term upper-year courses w/ the practitioners seem to scale more generously (I took a look at their grade distributions today- noticeably higher medians than 'mainstream' courses like Cockfield's), I was concerned the 'cutoff' Dean's List GPA might be higher in 3L. Does anyone know what GPAs have/have not made the 3L Dean's List in past years? I know it fluctuates from year to year, but I hoped to get a general idea.

Would appreciate any feedback for clerkship/academia-related reasons. I just finished exams, and I'm quite worried I'll miss the cut-off this year. Thanks!

Edit: I don't want to specify courses because I'd like to remain anonymous, but my fall term grades were: A, A-, A-, A-. Winter term is: A-, [likely A fr. moot], [unknown grade], [unknown grade- possible B or B+ after mistake on an exam]. If any former 3Ls made or missed the cut with similar grades, please let me know!

Edited by ElsbethTascioni

A few years ago, I made Dean's Honour List in 3L with a GPA of about 3.7 or 3.8. Fall term grades were A, B+, B+, P; winter term grades were A, A, A, B+ (with winter term grades weighed more heavily because of course lengths/weights).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, barelylegal said:

A few years ago, I made Dean's Honour List in 3L with a GPA of about 3.7 or 3.8. Fall term grades were A, B+, B+, P; winter term grades were A, A, A, B+ (with winter term grades weighed more heavily because of course lengths/weights).

Oops sorry, just PM'd you-- you were one of the people I really hoped would reply. Thanks so much!!

Edited by ElsbethTascioni