Sign in to follow this  
HP7

Rejected 2017

1 hour ago, plzacceptmelawschool said:

thats insane wtf accepted to WESTERN which is so much more difficult to get into. Ottawa is all over the place this year

Western is a L2 school  and Ottawa is a CGPA school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plzacceptmelawschool said:

thats insane wtf accepted to WESTERN which is so much more difficult to get into. Ottawa is all over the place this year

Not really. If you have a solid L2, it makes up for the cGPA. Same case at Calgary and Alberta.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, plzacceptmelawschool said:

Western isn't more difficult to get into. They just evaluate applications differently. Western puts more weight on the LSAT than the GPA, and when they look at the GPA, they really only consider the last two years. Ottawa puts more weight on the GPA and they look at the CPGA, and Ottawa puts less weight on the LSAT.

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 2

Rejected yesterday.  Really thought it had a good shot. 

GO MANITOBA!

Mature Student

LSAT 165

CGPA 2.95

Good work experience running my own business

No Volunteer.  

Sigh.  

Edited by cbee

9 hours ago, Girby said:

Not really. If you have a solid L2, it makes up for the cGPA. Same case at Calgary and Alberta.

L2 can definitely make up for a crappy cGPA. However after maintaining a 3.9/4 for my last 27 courses (2 years plus 2 summer classes), I'm not sure what else I could have done. Unfortunately a crappy first two can really destroy your chances at UOtt.

10 hours ago, JohnP said:

Western isn't more difficult to get into. They just evaluate applications differently. Western puts more weight on the LSAT than the GPA, and when they look at the GPA, they really only consider the last two years. Ottawa puts more weight on the GPA and they look at the CPGA, and Ottawa puts less weight on the LSAT.

So Western doesn't consider CGPA at all? 

Rejected sometime over the past few days - no email just checked the online portal.

3.3, L2 ~ 3.5-3.6

Also rejected about a week ago,

GPA ~ 3.45 L2

LSAT 161

Rejected this morning - 

cGPA 3.3/L2 3.85

LSAT 157

MA (transcript not updated - just finishing, likely a 3.8)

good ECs and softs

not incredibly surprised, but upsetting nevertheless. Best of luck to all those still waiting. 

Rejected this morning as well

With my updated transcript my stats are:

CGPA: 3.22

L2/B2: 3.89

LSAT: 152 and 164

55 minutes ago, dparkus said:

Rejected this morning as well

With my updated transcript my stats are:

CGPA: 3.22

L2/B2: 3.89

LSAT: 152 and 164

Wow.. Ottawa is being quite strange this cycle, you're stats are great! I'm sure you will hear elsewhere (if you haven't already).

8 minutes ago, ristiisa said:

Wow.. Ottawa is being quite strange this cycle, you're stats are great! I'm sure you will hear elsewhere (if you haven't already).

Thanks ristiisa :) 

Rejected this morning as well.

Updated Stats:

CGPA: 3.35

L2: 3.62

LSAT: 161

Declined some time today, upset but not that surprised. Looks like ill just have to re-write the LSAT and try again next cycle!

Stats:

Lsat 154

CGPA: 3.54

L2: 3.74

Also rejected today and can't say I'm surprised. Accepted my offer elsewhere but rejection always stings a little!

GPA: 3.5 (OLSAS)

LSAT: 154

Best of luck to everyone else who applied and still haven't heard back :) 

also got rejected today, accepted an offer to calgary a few months back so I'm not hurting too bad about it and I'm also not surprised about it. 

cGPA: 3.2, L2: 3.6ish

LSAT: 165

30 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Why are people posting L2s in an Ottawa thread?

Probably because, despite the popular notion that Ottawa is a "CGPA school", it claims to have a holistic admissions process, and a strong upward trend may be compelling for an adcom?

As someone hoping to get into Ottawa next cycle with a less than stellar first year, I know I personally like to see L2s being posted.