Sign in to follow this  
hi45

Is one more likely to be accepted off the wait list of the queue?

Wait list vs The queue, which is a better place to be?

what would make someone be  on the wait list as opposed to the queue?

Edited by hi45
  • Like 1

Technically, everyone is in queue - in queue means in queue for review. Lots of people get accepted straight from queue and not too many get waitlisted and of those waitlisted only a portion get accepted. In queue is a normal, good place to be in as it means your file is getting ready to be reviewed but, beware that there are lots of files Osgoode needs to go through. Good luck.

I just spoke with Vicky from admissions and she says tons of people are accepted that are not put on the waiting list, and if you are put on the waitlist and the chance is still high that you can just be removed from the waitlist at any time. So really no advantage or disadvantage to either. Just a long waiting game

I just spoke with Vicky from admissions and she says tons of people are accepted that are not put on the waiting list, and if you are put on the waitlist and the chance is still high that you can just be removed from the waitlist at any time. So really no advantage or disadvantage to either. Just a long waiting game

Thanks for sharing. Did she mention a timeline with regards to either situation?

Also, did she mention if the class was full yet?

Thanks for sharing. Did she mention a timeline with regards to either situation?

Did not offer me a timeline but said they are very busy still reviewing files and said they still have so many to get through. So she did not tell me the class was full but if they are still reviewing from the sounds of it, the class is not full! She said acceptances can come in as late as may  :cry:

• Like 3

For what it's worth, a friend of mine is on the admissions committee and they are still reviewing files regularly. So I don't believe the class is full.

I called admissions and they told me they are trying to get through everyone's application by the end of April, i.e. by that time applicants should be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. As for the waitlisted people idk what that timeline is like. I expect there will be a round of offers next week since the early applicants had to decide by the April 1st deadline.

Since it's past April 1st should those of us still in queue be a little worried? I'm just anxious that I'm still in this in between stage with absolutely no clue if I have a chance or not. 

I spoke to admissions and sounded like 1) not all the files have been looked at yet 2) Im on WL, so I asked when can i expect to hear the earliest and they said Osgoode's first deadline to respond is April 10?? so they'll get to WL people post April 10 (but she didn't say that last part in all of those words)...

I spoke to admissions and sounded like 1) not all the files have been looked at yet 2) Im on WL, so I asked when can i expect to hear the earliest and they said Osgoode's first deadline to respond is April 10?? so they'll get to WL people post April 10 (but she didn't say that last part in all of those words)...

The mystery still remains whether they will look to the waitlist or candidates still in queue to fill available spots. I guess if they still have not looked at some files, they will probably start there.

For those of you who have reached out to admissions for an update, were they generally warm to this kind of inquiry? My application has been in queue since January 11 with no updates, and I'm wondering if it would be out of line to ask where my application is in the process. I'd love to have a sense as to whether or not my application was read yet or not, but obviously don't want to upset the admissions gods...

• Like 1

For those of you who have reached out to admissions for an update, were they generally warm to this kind of inquiry? My application has been in queue since January 11 with no updates, and I'm wondering if it would be out of line to ask where my application is in the process. I'd love to have a sense as to whether or not my application was read yet or not, but obviously don't want to upset the admissions gods...

If your application was read, they would've likely updated you with a decision.

If your application was read, they would've likely updated you with a decision.

You're totally right. I'm going to rely on my patience to get me through this wait and just ride it out. Thanks!

• Like 1

You're totally right. I'm going to rely on my patience to get me through this wait and just ride it out. Thanks!

You're welcome!

She said April 10th as the first round deadline not April 1st?

Really?? My friend told me she had to respond to Osgoode by April 2nd

I read somewhere on this forum that uOttawa's deadline was pushed back until mid-April...maybe the same is true for Osgoode?