Sign in to follow this  
splur94

Saying bye to this cycle

Well this innocent thread got unnecessarily snappy... chill everyone

Edited by PropJoe
  • Like 5

Well this innocent thread got unnecessarily snappy... chill everyone

That doesn't sound like something that would happen on the internet. 

Anyways, OP, I haven't heard anything back from Queen's or UBC yet. 

Getting rung up at Toronto was the first response that I've heard...

Still waiting on Queen's, Ottawa, and McGill. Hoping for a response as we approach April 1...

Queen's was one of the few schools from last year that was making offers days before April 1st so I wouldn't rule it out

Aside from Queen's, because of what the last poster said, I doubt we'll see any movement before the deadline. Schools are depending on the deadline to see how many more offers they can issue, so it doesn't make too much sense to me for them to accept before the deadline. 

Donno though. Could be totally off on this! 

Edited by PerniciousLaw
  • Like 2

Getting rung up at Toronto was the first response that I've heard...

Still waiting on Queen's, Ottawa, and McGill. Hoping for a response as we approach April 1...

Does that mean you were in or out at UofT? Don't follow the terminology..

I wasn't sure either lol, but I did see them in the rejected thread for UT when I swung by today.

• Like 1

Yeah sorry. Being 'run up' is a baseball phrase synonymous with striking out. Guess it is kind of confusing. Apologies.

Aside from Queen's, because of what the last poster said, I doubt we'll see any movement before the deadline. Schools are depending on the deadline to see how many more offers they can issue, so it doesn't make too much sense to me for them to accept before the deadline. 

Donno though. Could be totally off on this! 

Do all/most Ontario schools have an April 1st deadline? 

Question for everyone: Do you think the acceptance from the deadline will be given out a few days after April 1st or mid April? After that mass release do you think that they would be done giving out acceptances and start creating a wait list? I am just wondering if the April release will be last admission cycle for many schools

• Like 1

Anyone still waiting? 
I just want all my rejection letters at once so I can start this process over again - the right way. 

Lots of people still haven't heard anything - yes, no, or waitlist - either from any schools, or from their preferred ones.

There will doubtless be movement after April, when a lot of offers/provisional acceptances expire, and people have to make decisions & put down deposits.

From your only other post - given your LSAT range from diagnostic to hoped for, you could be anywhere from an auto-reject to a strong candidate at many schools, depending on your GPA. It's hard to make comments on how you might do since you didn't share any data, or schools applied to :/

• Like 1

Anyone still waiting? 

I just want all my rejection letters at once so I can start this process over again - the right way. 

I merged your topic (and responses) into this thread to keep things organized.

Edit - Apparently doing that changed the this thread's title. No idea what it said before. Oh well. Sorry about that.

Edited by Ryn

My year the first response I got was from U of T rejecting me. I think that was in February or so, but it was a long time ago so I could be off. I didn't get accepted until Apr 20-somethingth and all of a sudden it was two schools within several days of each other. So hang in there. It can take a while and schools sort applications and review them differently. Your timeline can be completely different ftom someone else's, but it doesn't mean there's no hope for acceptance.

Edited by ericontario
  • Like 7

Haven't heard back from any schools as well.. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one, and as hard as I'm trying to adopt this "no news is good news" mindset, I am writhing in anxiety not knowing what's going to happen for September. I was wondering if the admissions committees are sorting applications in alphabetical order in which my last name starting with the letter 'Z' could be a contributing factor, or if my stats are just too low and schools are just waiting until they start sending out their rejections (not including the ones that already started this process). Hoping we all get some answers within the first two weeks of April :( 

What are your stats? Why so pessimistic? 

I have a 3.56 CPA and a 3.88 L2. 

Extensive volunteering experiences with immigrants and syrian refugees. 

Great LORs (2 academic, and 1 professional)

but negated with a pathetic lsat score  :cry: will have to rewrite because I can't ride out on my gpa. 

I have a 3.56 CPA and a 3.88 L2. 

Extensive volunteering experiences with immigrants and syrian refugees. 

Great LORs (2 academic, and 1 professional)

but negated with a pathetic lsat score  :cry: will have to rewrite because I can't ride out on my gpa. 

How bad is it? Those are some really good stats, I don't see why Ottawa wouldn't take you. I hear they barely care about the LSAT. Or Windsor if you haven't been rejected already. 

How bad is it? Those are some really good stats, I don't see why Ottawa wouldn't take you. I hear they barely care about the LSAT. Or Windsor if you haven't been rejected already. 

I applied to Ottawa, yes, but not Windsor... I think my reasoning for not applying to Windsor was because I was too lazy to cater another personal statement. Haha, boy, do I regret. 

Haven't heard back from any schools as well.. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one, and as hard as I'm trying to adopt this "no news is good news" mindset, I am writhing in anxiety not knowing what's going to happen for September. I was wondering if the admissions committees are sorting applications in alphabetical order in which my last name starting with the letter 'Z' could be a contributing factor, or if my stats are just too low and schools are just waiting until they start sending out their rejections (not including the ones that already started this process). Hoping we all get some answers within the first two weeks of April :(

I feel you! At this rate, I'd rather have all my rejections come in at the same time.