Sign in to follow this  
LawStudent8

Application Status

Hey everyone, 

Does anyone know if there is a way to check the status of my application to law school at Dal or if I'm stuck sitting in the dark until I receive an email one way or the other?

Thanks!

When I was applying, I wasn't able to check my application status either. I didn't find out I was accepted until April and it was by letter, so don't lose hope!

I've been checking my email like three times a day since I sent my application away. Went to check it today to pay my power bill and found an email from Rose stating that I've been accepted. Best of luck - hopefully you're in the same boat!

Hey, email Rose! She replies fairly quickly and gives you subtle hints as to where your application is at.

I emailed her 2 weeks ago and she told me that my application is going to be reviewed again in May for a possibility of an interview. My friend on the other hand, who also emailed Rose, was told that she would have a response for her the week after. My theory holds that law schools do not fire our rejections until they have passed their deadline and filled up waitlists.. so I told my friend she would get in. Behold! She got her acceptance letter the next week.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back?

I sent an email in January to check to make sure all my documents were received and they informed me they would notify me by email when my application is being reviewed. 

I haven't heard from them since. Just wondering if anyone else has had complete silence?

Edited by lawshtudent7
Fixed wording

I received an e-mail from Rose back in December 2016, letting me know that my application will be re-examined later in the cycle. I still have not received anything in terms of acceptance, rejection, or wait list. I have acceptances at other schools for one of which I would need to pay the deposit by May 11. Could anyone advise on what to do at this point? Is there little possibility that I will be accepted to Schulich?

2 hours ago, Lstarlie7 said:

I received an e-mail from Rose back in December 2016, letting me know that my application will be re-examined later in the cycle. I still have not received anything in terms of acceptance, rejection, or wait list. I have acceptances at other schools for one of which I would need to pay the deposit by May 11. Could anyone advise on what to do at this point? Is there little possibility that I will be accepted to Schulich?

Couldn't hurt to shoot Rose an email and let her know your situation. She might tell you that your application is under review, that you should be receiving an email shortly, etc. 

Though the cycle is definitely slowing down, an acceptance is certainly not out of the question. 

Edited by howdydo

I exchanged emails with Rose and she said that I will be contacted at the end of May to see if I qualify for an interview. Interviews will take place the first two weeks of June in Halifax, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. It was my understanding from her that they are going through the applications at this time to determine who will get interviews.

22 hours ago, howdydo said:

Couldn't hurt to shoot Rose an email and let her know your situation. She might tell you that your application is under review, that you should be receiving an email shortly, etc. 

Though the cycle is definitely slowing down, an acceptance is certainly not out of the question. 

I certainly did--although I think I e-mailed right when they were getting ready to leave for the weekend. Another weekend of waiting for me! lol

1 hour ago, NotTelling said:

I exchanged emails with Rose and she said that I will be contacted at the end of May to see if I qualify for an interview. Interviews will take place the first two weeks of June in Halifax, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. It was my understanding from her that they are going through the applications at this time to determine who will get interviews.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely have to wait and see how it rolls out then. Good luck to you!

Yup, basically what others have said - my interpretation of the communication I've had with Dal is that if you haven't heard at this point, things aren't necessarily great because there aren't many spots left, however everyone will still be considered for interviews that determine those last few positions.

Edited by ristiisa