mbenn

Chances: 3.5 CGPA, 157 LSAT

I have good EC's and references. I am also Canadian coming from a US University. Do you think I have a shot later in the cycle? 

Thanks for the responses!! 

From what I have seen in past cycles Western really does love the LSAT. 157 is low for them. They also love a strong last 2. The two or three people I have seen accepted with a 157 had at least a 3.8 in their lsat 2. 

With your current stats I would say extremely unlikely. Bump up that LSAT and it may be a different story. 

Hope this helps. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I received a B in a Business Law class in my third year as a result of an abnormally high curve for the class. I believe the average was 86-87%, which normally translates to about an A-. Is it worth explaining in my application?
    • Hi, I am an American whose Canadian fiance received an excellent physician offer to Ottawa Hospital. I am applying to both Canadian and U.S. schools and learned about the joint American-Canadian JD...However, I am concerned for the same reasons that you illustrated.  I would like to hear about your experience thus far. Thank you. 
    • Hi everyone - very sorry for my lack of replies here. I set this thread to notify me when something is posted and I think that setting got lost in the forum upgrade.  I’ll endevour to answer stuff now, even though it may be later than you all probably wanted it to be.  I got the percent to letter mappings from the UBC website, and at the time it is my recollection that I translated everything correctly. I’m not in a position to check right now, but I will review the numbers I’m using and confirm that they coincide with what has been published by the school.  Bear in mind that “relied upon” is too strong a word to describe what I would say you can do with the numbers you get from the calculator. They’re an estimate (hopefully a reasonably close one) but nothing more. Your UBC-calculated grades may differ by a little or a lot, depending on your personal circumstances. My hope is that they’ll differ only a little a majority of the time.  I intend to fix this problem because it’s obvioisly causing some issues. When I’ve made the change I’ll update you all.