mimitemp

Chances to Windsor (2.7, 149)

2.7 GPA - 149 LSAT- Mature student- extenuating circumstances- good references- lots of experience both working and volunteering in the CJ system. 

That's so tough to say. Sounds like your case is really unique and most likely based on your EC's. Since we are mostly applicants and students just like you, it's really impossible for us to speculate or provide any sort of answer to cases like yours. You can tell from past "Accepted" threads that your stats are below what Windsor regularly admits. If you feel your experience/EC's are truly enough to make up for these numbers, than sure I guess you might have a shot. Otherwise, it's really impossible for anyone to say.

Thank you for advising. I know it is near impossible to tell since my case is far from ordinary... My application has been recently referred to the admissions committee and just knowing there is a tiny chance would really help. Unfortunately, I have yet to see any stats as low as mine get accepted but I know Windsor has a mind of their own. 

Think positively but be realistic. Good luck!

I have already come to reality with rejection for this year but still holding out for that 1% chance lol. Thanks again! 

• Like 2

Chances are slim to none at any CAD school. 

Good news though, I saw a 2.75 cgpa with a 158 lsat get accepted into dual last year (Spring of 2018) and a 2.65 with a 165 lsat get accepted into single. 

So moral of the story is, 160+ and you may actually have a chance. Less than 160 and I wouldn’t count on anything. You need to compensate for that weak cgpa. 

My stats aren’t too good either so I feel your struggle, but this is the system and competitiveness we run on I guess. 

Two other options you might want to consider are: (a) do an MA, get good grades, and reapply. Usually more education can beef up your application and make you seem more qualified. And yes, any MA degree is fine, as long as you get good grades and can tie your aspirations to law school when you write your PS and; (b) consider a foreign route like UK or AUS. Lots and lots of debate on this forum about overseas law degrees but honestly if you want it so badly and have exhausted all of your CAD options then it’s either foreign or no law school at that point. 

OP hasn’t logged on since Feb. 25, 2017. So I feel like this post is more or less forgotten, but if anyone is in OP’s shoes, I feel like this post may help. 

8 hours ago, CrimNation said:

Chances are slim to none at any CAD school. 

Good news though, I saw a 2.75 cgpa with a 158 lsat get accepted into dual last year (Spring of 2018) and a 2.65 with a 165 lsat get accepted into single. 

So moral of the story is, 160+ and you may actually have a chance. Less than 160 and I wouldn’t count on anything. You need to compensate for that weak cgpa. 

My stats aren’t too good either so I feel your struggle, but this is the system and competitiveness we run on I guess. 

Two other options you might want to consider are: (a) do an MA, get good grades, and reapply. Usually more education can beef up your application and make you seem more qualified. And yes, any MA degree is fine, as long as you get good grades and can tie your aspirations to law school when you write your PS and; (b) consider a foreign route like UK or AUS. Lots and lots of debate on this forum about overseas law degrees but honestly if you want it so badly and have exhausted all of your CAD options then it’s either foreign or no law school at that point. 

OP hasn’t logged on since Feb. 25, 2017. So I feel like this post is more or less forgotten, but if anyone is in OP’s shoes, I feel like this post may help. 

I’d like to note that they don’t count MA grades, only undergrad. I don’t think having an masters really make it any better 

1 hour ago, lindsn said:

I’d like to note that they don’t count MA grades, only undergrad. I don’t think having an masters really make it any better 

Oh I was always told by admission committees that they take your further degrees into consideration becuase it shows you put more time and effort into your education. 

Of course it isn’t a be-all-end-all approach but it can help (assuming you get good grades, not just getting an MA for the sake of doing an MA). 

I personally wouldn’t make an MA my first improvement method for my application. I would work on the lsat first and see if I can rewrite and do better. You might have a lot of hidden potential and a 149 is not a bad start per se. Will most likely get you rejected left and right but it has growth (assuming this is OP’s first write).