Sign in to follow this  
akacat

Accepted to U of T 2017

If you read, he applied in the mature category. Which is an access category. Very different rules there. My point stands.

mature is access? since when? lolllll

mature is access? since when? lolllll

Access categories are designed to give an equal opportunity to people whose circumstances may put them at a disadvantage to typical applicants. It puts special spots aside in the incoming class for certain types of applicant.

The mature category is a type of access category. Mature applicants have been away from school for some time, may have other life factors that make setting study time for the LSAT difficult, may have problems getting academic reference letters. May have problems "accessing" a 1L class. So accommodations are made.

So yes, while the mature category is not the traditional access claim you would think of, like disability, low socio-economic status, life trauma, etc, it is an access category.

Edited by Draken
  • Like 4

CGPA. B3 is roughly 3.89.

Would you mind sharing your extra curriculars? I have nearly identical stats to you and I'm curious about what possibly made up for the LSAT score.

Would you mind sharing your extra curriculars? I have nearly identical stats to you and I'm curious about what possibly made up for the LSAT score.

I surprised I got in so early as well! I've been working in media for three years post-undergrad, and have significant volunteering experience in the workers' rights and health care fields. PM me if you want to chat more.

I surprised I got in so early as well! I've been working in media for three years post-undergrad, and have significant volunteering experience in the workers' rights and health care fields. PM me if you want to chat more.

Happy to see the holistic review process at work. Congrats! 

Anyone here get in during Round 2? It's a bit strange that so many people posted from the first round but not the second.

• Like 1

Anyone here get in during Round 2? It's a bit strange that so many people posted from the first round but not the second.

I would say these forums are over-indexed on keeners (who are maybe more likely to get in early). 

I would say these forums are over-indexed on keeners (who are maybe more likely to get in early). 

Would that distinction really hold between the 1st and 2nd round? I mean, getting into UofT before March makes you a keener, pretty much.

(No offense intended.  I mean keener in a positive way.)

Would that distinction really hold between the 1st and 2nd round? I mean, getting into UofT before March makes you a keener, pretty much.

(No offense intended.  I mean keener in a positive way.)

I have no idea. 

Keep in mind also that 1st round is substantially larger than the 2nd and 3rd rounds... 

I have no idea. 

Keep in mind also that 1st round is substantially larger than the 2nd and 3rd rounds... 

That would make sense then (size issue).  

• Like 1

I have no idea. 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one perplexed by this.

I thought the 2nd round was always larger than the 1st because the 1st round is considered to be early acceptance (regardless of the fact that admissions started later this year than in past cycles)?

The rest of us will just have to keep our fingers crossed for the remaining spots in March.

How many rounds are there in total?

Per the UofT Law Admissions Tumblr, there are 3 rounds. 

Notifications of offers of admission for entry into the JD first year began during the week of January 9th, 2017. 

As per our earlier post, the notifications began later than usual in light of the timing of receipt of application data from OLSAS. Consequently, notifications may not necessarily be made in three distinct rounds, but may closer resemble rolling (ongoing) admissions up to the end of January/beginning of February, plus a distinct round of admissions in March.