cGPA: 3.67

LSAT: 163

Goodluck to everyone!

• Like 1

First ontario acceptance, got the email today around 5

cGPA: 3.67

LSAT: 163

Goodluck to everyone!

Would you mind sharing your last 2 years gpa?
  • Like 1

Would you mind sharing your last 2 years gpa?

Of course! I believe it was 3.65

4 year undergrad degree, and a 1 year post-grad

From reading the acceptance letter, I got the sense that there wasn't going to be a formal package - nothing like that was mentioned and they've provided all info on the website that they provide the link to. I personally was hoping to get one though...

Accepted January 6, 2017 -- cGPA 3.78, June 2016 LSAT 158 and September 2016 LSAT 163, with good softs :)

PS: Does anyone know if there are any FB groups or anything for people who will be accepting Queens yet?

There is a package that comes in the mail! It took about 2-3 weeks to come after I got my acceptance email (but I'm in the west coast)

I got my acceptance back on Jan 6, and still have not received anything in the mail -- perhaps they only send to out of province?

Accepted a few minutes ago :)

CGPA: 3.51

LSAT: 173

Applied Access and will be declining for a school nearer to Toronto. All the best to those still waiting!

Congrats everyone! 

To echo some posts way back on page 1, I'm a current 1L and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about Queen's Law :) It is reading week after all!

• Like 1

Congrats everyone! 

To echo some posts way back on page 1, I'm a current 1L and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about Queen's Law :) It is reading week after all!

I was wondering what is the probability in getting into one of the law clinics? That is to say are there a lot of opportunities to participate in them?

• Like 2

I was wondering what is the probability in getting into one of the law clinics? That is to say are there a lot of opportunities to participate in them?

As a 1L, there are two opportunities to gain clinical experience: (1) Volunteering at Queen's Legal Aid (QLA); and (2) Volunteering with the PBSC Family Law Project (it's a PBSC project, but they work out of/in conjunction with the Family Law Clinic).

This year, QLA took on 30 1L volunteers, and the PBSC Family Law Project took on ~10 1Ls.

Given the incoming class size of ~200 students, you're looking at roughly a 15% chance for QLA alone. Keep in mind, though, not everyone is interested in the clinics, and there are plenty of other worthwhile extracurriculars to get involved in.

Beyond 1L, there are plenty of opportunities to gain clinical experience. The Prison Law, Elder Law, Family Law, and Business Law clinics all offer a course-credit option for 2/3Ls (the application cycle for these just closed--pretty crappy timing, all things considered, but it is what it is). QLA also offers a course-credit option, "Clinical Litigation Practice" (CLP), and takes on 2/3L volunteers as well. For what it's worth, there are 22 CLP caseworkers and 28 2/3L volunteer caseworkers at QLA this year.

So... all this to say, there's definitely lots of opportunities to get involved with any one of the clinics, even if you don't get a spot in 1L :)

Hope this helps! 

Edit* just realized there's a better thread for this: http://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/43574-ask-a-1l/ :)

Edited by BarristerSelmy
  • Like 1

Mr. Barristerselmy  I would like to get your opinion on my chances of getting in. I have a cGPA of 3.8/4 and an lsat of a 157. Do you think I have a realistic chance of getting in? thanks

I received an offer by e-mail today.

CGPA: 3.76

LSAT: 160

L2: 3.88

Very excited to get this offer, I have a tough decision ahead. 

I received an offer by e-mail today.

CGPA: 3.76

LSAT: 160

L2: 3.88

Very excited to get this offer, I have a tough decision ahead. 

When did you submit your application?