Sign in to follow this  
aq112

Accepted to Osgoode 2017

First time poster but long time lurker, super excited to be posting here! Also accepted to U of T

General category

3.31 OLSAS cGPA, 3.46 OLSAS L3, 158 LSAT

- Ivey HBA undergrad

- Queen's MBA

- 6 years investment banking experience

- Strong references

- 3 months volunteering experience as an english teacher in Korea

are you accepting here or UofT

First time poster but long time lurker, super excited to be posting here! Also accepted to U of T

General category

3.31 OLSAS cGPA, 3.46 OLSAS L3, 158 LSAT

- Ivey HBA undergrad

- Queen's MBA

- 6 years investment banking experience

- Strong references

- 3 months volunteering experience as an english teacher in Korea

How come you didnt apply mature at Osgoode but you did to UofT?

• Like 1

How come you didnt apply mature at Osgoode but you did to UofT?

Osgoode doesn't have a distinct mature student category, only general and indigenous. 

• Like 2

Accepted this morning!

Undergrad GPA 3.7/4.0

Masters 3.9/4.0

LSAT 162

NB resident

Strong record of community involvement, work experience and strong letters 

Still deciding, good luck everyone!

went into queue on Jan 18th

Edited by Prelawunb14

Got the acceptance e-mail today!

3.6, 165 

Average ECs and recommendations 

My God LITERALLY the same stats as you, still waiting. Congrats tho :)

• Like 2

FINALLY I get to add to this thread. In this morning as well!

cGPA 3.6

161, 164

Solid ECs and recommendations, I'd think.

• Like 1

Hey all,

Got my acceptance on Thursday. 169 LSAT, GPA around a 3.30, but with my last three semesters hovering around 3.70.

I believe I got very flattering references, and my schooling background is a bit interesting (biochemist with significant work experience in both industry and government), so that may have helped me out. 

I've still go applications out at a few other Ontario schools and UBC, so we'll see what happens with accepting or going elsewhere! 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois

Hey all,

Got my acceptance on Thursday. 169 LSAT, GPA around a 3.30, but with my last three semesters hovering around 3.70.

I believe I got very flattering references, and my schooling background is a bit interesting (biochemist with significant work experience in both industry and government), so that may have helped me out. 

I've still go applications out at a few other Ontario schools and UBC, so we'll see what happens with accepting or going elsewhere! 

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, I had a couple questions:

1. Did you have any publications from your work as a biochemist?

2. Did your application go into queue on OASIS, and if so, when?

Many thanks and all the best in law school!  

Edited by Aloha
  • Like 2

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, I had a couple questions:

1. Did you have any publications from your work as a biochemist?

2. Did your application go into queue on OASIS, and if so, when?

Many thanks and all the best in law school!

Thanks!

1) I had one publication and presented at a few conferences from my work, though it looks like I may get another one in a rather large journal before the fall!

2) I went into queue on 18 Jan, so I think there's about two weeks between queue and decision, at least in my case!

Thanks again, and best of luck in your application process!

• Like 2

Accepted on February 3rd.

LSAT: 151, 157

OLSAS cGPA:3.82

Went into queue on the 18th of January.

• Like 2

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your ECs/LORs were like?

Sure.

EC's: Dual sport varsity athlete, volunteer of the year for an organization at my school, numerous volunteer activities through sports (high school visits, camps, etc.), coach for youth teams, worked while at undergrad (20 hours a week?), tutor and TA, case competitions, hold an honours degree.

LORs: I have not read them myself but, I am sure they were very good. Both from professors with phd's who I know quite well. One was my honours supervisor, the other was a professor who also ran the volunteer organization that I was heavily involved with.

Seems to me that Osgoode is quite holistic, I did not expect to hear back so soon!

Edited by Loier
  • Like 1

Accepted on January 20, 2017!

LSAT: 163

GPA: 3.7

Very Strong ECs and LORs (Years in fundraising/organisation leadership and multiple international charity trips).

Will be accepting; I'm excited to move from Vancouver and start a new life in Toronto!

Edited by TrapBaron
  • Like 3

Accepted today!

LSAT:162

GPA: 3.67 

Educated in UK my whole life (so GPA bit confusing) but Canadian citizen. Super excited to move to Canada. 

• Like 3

Accepted today!

LSAT:162

GPA: 3.67 

Educated in UK my whole life (so GPA bit confusing) but Canadian citizen. Super excited to move to Canada. 

Congratulations, Brit2511!!

May I ask if (and when) you went into queue on OASIS?

And did you receive the email in the morning? 

All the best in law school! 

Congratulations, Brit2511!!

May I ask if (and when) you went into queue on OASIS?

And did you receive the email in the morning? 

All the best in law school! 

Thank you!

Yep I went into queue on January 10th.

Received the email at 2pm UK time so yes about 10am your time.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I guess there will not be more acceptances for local applicants until the next LSAT results come out, which is around March 1, 2017.

I guess there will not be more acceptances for local applicants until the next LSAT results come out, which is around March 1, 2017.

Are you sure that acceptances are handed out based on region?