Sign in to follow this  
SassyLaw07

Accepted to Manitoba 2017

Accepted!! 

GPA: 4.08 (if I calculated correctly with dropped courses)

LSAT: 157

Applied under IC. Really psyched to be accepted this early!

ok, nice! can't imagine you wouldnt get in with that number. Like HanShot said, second round started on Feb 3rd last year. I'd start F5'ing my email around Feb 1st if I were you!Got

Accepted yesterday, guess they were early this year! Thanks for your help!! 

Accepted yesterday, guess they were early this year! Thanks for your help!! 

Pumped for you! Congrats

Hm. Still waiting on that verification of December LSAT scores.

​With that, my index score should be good enough.

​I guess we'll wait and see!

Accepted (regular category)

LSAT: 174

GPA: 2.02 before drops, 2.8ish after (never got confirmation)

Index 77ish

I mainly want to post because when I was researching chances, I couldn't find a single instance of someone with such a low GPA being accepted to any law school.

Congratulations to everyone else!

Edited by lawlawlawlawlawlawlaw
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Index 77ish

I mainly want to post because when I was researching chances, I couldn't find a single instance of someone with such a low GPA being accepted to any law school.

Just my opinion, but I bet the reason that you can't find an instance is because generally people with that low of a GPA do not score in the 99th percentile on the LSAT.

• Like 1

Notified through email on January 13th.

GPA: 3.45 before drops, ~3.8 after drops

LSAT: 167

Likely declining for UVic, will get on that so someone can have my spot!

Index 77ish

Ha! You have similar to my stats, awful gpa but my lsat was 169. Something this process has taught me is that there is ALWAYS a chance if you give it your all. 

• Like 2

I was accepted on January 13th but the email got lost in my inbox haha

CGPA: 3.17/4

L2: 3.8+

LSAT: 162

Accepted on the 13th of January.

LSAT: 151, 157

CGPA: 3.88/4.0

Did not try to convert it to the Manitoba scale. However, with drops I would have to guess that it would be close to a 4.3/4.5???

Will likely be declining the offer so, another spot should open up soon!

I was accepted on January 13th but the email got lost in my inbox haha

CGPA: 3.17/4

L2: 3.8+

LSAT: 162

Hey Congrats! Do you know what your Manitoba Adjusted GPA would be? or was 3.17 your AGPA ? Cheers!

Hey Congrats! Do you know what your Manitoba Adjusted GPA would be? or was 3.17 your AGPA ? Cheers!

I didn't bother calculating my Manitoba adjusted gpa because my transcript is super convoluted and filled with half-credits.

Just wondering if anyone has heard when the next round of offers will be? 

Although I doubt anyone here can be sure, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is in 2 weeks+ - those of us with offers had a 2nd March deposit deadline, so they'll have a much better idea of class size/acceptances after that point.

Does anyone know if they send out more offers than the class size in the first round? Class size is a little over 100; if they know that only 50% of people will end up accepting the offer, would they (for example) make 150 offers in the first round?

Okay thanks! Yah after the December lsat and my fall semester grades my index is 76.34, so it's above the early admissions cut off. I'm a u of m student so I'm just not sure if the strikes holding up anything or what.

Edited by charlee13