• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Okay quick formality question. If I'm saving the score do I submit an application asap or wait until I write again and (fingers crossed) improve my score? If the new score is higher it just automatically replaces my old score on my application right? 
    • I disagree with your counselor.  I've sat on the grad committees at two different schools and we didn't ever spend much time discussing work experience.  Our focus was on grades.  I don't think that work experience will overcome poor grades, but I also don't think that anyone will care about a gap.  Standards for graduate admission also aren't especially high at many Canadian law schools, so I don't think that you will necessarily be denied admission for either your grades (depending how low they are) or the lack of work experience..
    • ProfReader- thank you for your response! Would like to point out that an overseas education counselor told me that since my graduation grades are low (second lower) and i have 6 yrs gap i will have to demonstrate good work experience, and my last 2 yrs of work (in total 4yrs) isnt sufficient. He suggested if i cant show proof for my 6 yrs gap then the only option im left with is doing PG diploma courses from colleges or paralegal course in Canada. Aside, after the gap yrs when i got back to working in 2017 i realized how much i crave to study in my specialized field to increase my knowledge base and work better. Hence exploring my options. After 6 yrs gap when i started applying for jobs my current employer told me he is going to take me as a fresher because of gap years and hence would offer me entry level salary. I was completely fine with it and was happy to be back to work. Not sure how universities view applicants with huge gap years. But i dont understand if somebody with gap years wish to study at a better place to enhance ones knowledge and skill sets then why should gap years be a problem? 
    • The gap on your resume won't be problematic...law school admissions don't care tons about your work experience and won't require you to demonstrate proof of what you were doing during those years.  They care more about your grades during your law program and, in the case of international students, where you did that international program.
    • LuckyCharm - the LLM programs in UK and US are comparitively expensive hence Canada. After LLM i plan to be back to India and continue to work here.