Sign in to follow this  
lizzy

Need Clarification

Hi everyone! 

I just need some clarification on the lsat requirement cap. It states: "you may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period." So I have taken it once in 2015, 2016 and was planning to take it once more next year. Will I be able to take it again in 2018 since I've only taken it once every year in 3 years, so the space between 2015 to 2018, is it enough to surpass the time period?

Hey Lizzy!

It's basically that you can't take it more than three times within any two year period. So basically you can simplify it as: Did you take it three times in the past two years? No? Then you can write it.

So, say you took it in October 2015, October 2016, and October 2017. Well, at that point as of October 2017 you would've only taken it twice within the prior two years since October 2015 wouldn't be within that time frame anymore. At that point, you actually are completely free to write it again whenever you want. In fact, If you don't write it again after October 2017, then come October 2018 you would have two available attempts to write the test, since October 2016 would have fallen off by that point as well.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1