Sign in to follow this  
c123

Accepted to Western 2017

Has anyone from the access category been accepted?

Long time lurker first time poster, I got accepted to Western!

cGPA: 3.3

L3: 3.7

LSAT: 166 (only write)

Good personal statement and references, ok softs, applied Access category.

Today!

Access category, cgpa 2.75 b3 3.91 lsat 164

No email but just checked student centre to see the green check mark woot woot

cGPA 3.3

L2 3.7

LSAT 163

Applied Access

• Like 2

Previous to being accepted, did you see all the icons lined up? (incomplete, admitted, accepted offer, not offered admissions). I guess what I am asking if once a decision has been made do the rest of the icons disappear leaving one representing the actual decision?

Previous to being accepted, did you see all the icons lined up? (incomplete, admitted, accepted offer, not offered admissions). I guess what I am asking if once a decision has been made do the rest of the icons disappear leaving one representing the actual decision?

If I'm understanding your question correctly, then the answer is no. The icons above the status indicator remain there. The icon representing your acceptance will show up in your status bar including "accepted" as well.

• Like 1

If I'm understanding your question correctly, then the answer is no. The icons above the status indicator remain there. The icon representing your acceptance will show up in your status bar including "accepted" as well.

Gotcha, thanks for your response. I see... right now I see the word "applied"-(hoping for a decision to be made soon)

• Like 1

Two questions

Anyone expect any offers coming before April 1?

Is there any impact of only having written Feb LSAT and entering the process late? Wondering if I don't get in this time whether chances are better next year. Have a 3.41/161 set of scores. L2 probably about 3.65

Accepted a couple of months ago, 3.56 and 166. Will be declining so hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else :) Good luck!

Two questions

Is there any impact of only having written Feb LSAT and entering the process late? Wondering if I don't get in this time whether chances are better next year. Have a 3.41/161 set of scores. L2 probably about 3.65

someone answer his questions they apply to me too lol

• Like 2

someone answer his questions they apply to me too lol

LSAT part applies to me too.

Two questions

1. No

2. I don't think so. There are still enough spaces (I think there are two small acceptance cycles in both April and May, and usually a few acceptences going out in June) that if they look at your file and see that it's good, they can find space for you. Feb is a late LSAT, but we're at the end of March now and there are still lots of people waiting with those numbers, so even if you got your 161 in September, you'd probably still be waiting.

That being said, their admissions standards do vary year to year so if you don't get in this year, you may have a better or worse chance next year.

Wow, got in today! Didn't expect any news until after Feb LSAT was out; I didn't write it, but I didn't see much forum action and thought the schools were waiting on scores for others. Thrilled to be wrong :)

Applied in the General category

LSAT: 159 (June 2016, Single write)

GPA: 3.66, L2 3.85 (I think)

Solid ECs (not amazing but very involved, worked 3 jobs throughout school), pretty good PS (I think), and strong references (2 professors and one employer)

Haven't received an email, but the little green check mark appeared in the Student Centre, along with my acceptance letter. The letter says a package will arrive in the mail, but do they also email?

Just declined in favour of Queens, hope this helps someone :)

Just declined in favour of Queens, hope this helps someone :)

Hopefully helps me lol. We have nearly identical stats.

• Like 1

Just got an email to check student center - Accepted! 

LSAT - 160, 163 

cGPA - 3.14 

Not sure how my L2 was calculated as I am still in 4th year at Western. 

1st year: 2.54

2nd year: 2.74 

3rd year: 3.85

4th year (1st semester): 3.9 

Applied regular. 

Hopefully this is encouraging to everyone with low cGPAs.

• Like 6

I've always been lurking on this forum, but never thought the day I would deliver this exciting news would come! I received an email around 6PM to check the student as well, and I was incredibly thrilled to see that I was offered an admission!

Regular applicant

LSAT: 159, 160, 158

CGPA: 2.95 

L2: 3.36

I messed up my first two years, but my GPA shows a very strong upward trend, ending with a 3.83 in my last semester.

This acceptance means very much to me since this cycle is my second one after having been rejected everywhere during the 2015-2016 cycle. To those who have been growing anxious lately, don't lose hope! My profile, as you can see, is not the most appealing one for a law school candidate, but here I am, offered a spot to the first-year class of September 2017. I hope my stats give hope to those with low CGPAs and mediocre LSAT!

• Like 8

I've always been lurking on this forum, but never thought the day I would deliver this exciting news would come! I received an email around 6PM to check the student as well, and I was incredibly thrilled to see that I was offered an admission!

Regular applicant

LSAT: 159, 160, 158

CGPA: 2.95 

L2: 3.36

I messed up my first two years, but my GPA shows a very strong upward trend, ending with a 3.83 in my last semester.

This acceptance means very much to me since this cycle is my second one after having been rejected everywhere during the 2015-2016 cycle. To those who have been growing anxious lately, don't lose hope! My profile, as you can see, is not the most appealing one for a law school candidate, but here I am, offered a spot to the first-year class of September 2017. I hope my stats give hope to those with low CGPAs and mediocre LSAT!

Congrats! This definitely gives me hope. What were your ECs like? 

Accepted today! Very excited!

3.5 CGPA

157 LSAT

Strong EC's/Resume etc. 

• Like 1

Accepted today thank fucking god

LSAT 170

cGPA 3.50

L2 3.20

Very good high school ECs, very mediocre undergrad ECs, I'm guessing the LoRs were pretty solid but my PSE was probably just average.

Will likely be accepting. Good luck to everyone waiting!

• Like 3