Sign in to follow this  
c123

Accepted to Western 2017

Got in today!! Received an e-mail to check my Student Center :)

cGPA: 3.46 (82% but baad first year on 4.0 scale)

L2:  3.89 (87%)

LSAT: 156

Clearly I had to have had a strong rest of application (EC's, PS, LORs)

Regular category applicant.

Literally never thought this would happen, so it's very exciting! Not sure if I will accept (also have offer from Ottawa, which was my top choice).

Hope for low LSAT-ers!! and cGPAs..

I've always been lurking on this forum, but never thought the day I would deliver this exciting news would come! I received an email around 6PM to check the student as well, and I was incredibly thrilled to see that I was offered an admission!

Regular applicant

LSAT: 159, 160, 158

CGPA: 2.95 

L2: 3.36

I messed up my first two years, but my GPA shows a very strong upward trend, ending with a 3.83 in my last semester.

This acceptance means very much to me since this cycle is my second one after having been rejected everywhere during the 2015-2016 cycle. To those who have been growing anxious lately, don't lose hope! My profile, as you can see, is not the most appealing one for a law school candidate, but here I am, offered a spot to the first-year class of September 2017. I hope my stats give hope to those with low CGPAs and mediocre LSAT!

Me too! I'm almost the exact same... 

LSAT - 153, 156, 162

CGPA - 2.67 (OLSAS)

L2 - 3.7 (3.9 final year)

Question - I realize that the chances of me getting in anywhere else are slim, but I am still holding out for something closer to home. The Western portal does not let me provisionally accept, but the OLSAS website does... maybe this is a stupid question, but can I still provisionally accept? I was under the impression that they did not let you provisionally accept after April 1. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by SergeiBerezin

Me too! I'm almost the exact same... 

LSAT - 153, 156, 162

CGPA - 2.67 (OLSAS)

L2 - 3.7 (3.9 final year)

Question - I realize that the chances of me getting in anywhere else are slim, but I am still holding out for something closer to home. The Western portal does not let me provisionally accept, but the OLSAS website does... maybe this is a stupid question, but can I still provisionally accept? I was under the impression that they did not let you provisionally accept after April 1. 

Thanks in advance. 

You have to accept through OLSAS. Going through the Western portal will just bring you to the OLSAS page where you you will see an option to provincially accept. However, I was also under the impression that we could not provincially accept at this point in the cycle. Could anyone please clarify? Thanks. 

UPDATE: Just called admissions to confirm. You can still provincially accept. Offers will automatically go firm around July 4th. 

Edited by RobertKardashian

You have to accept through OLSAS. Going through the Western portal will just bring you to the OLSAS page where you you will see an option to provincially accept. However, I was also under the impression that we could not provincially accept at this point in the cycle. Could anyone please clarify? Thanks. 

UPDATE: Just called admissions to confirm. You can still provincially accept. Offers will automatically go firm around July 4th. 

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know RK! Was gonna call on Tuesday, but you saved me some time :) 

Congrats! This definitely gives me hope. What were your ECs like? 

My ECs, in my opinion, were average with multiple university research assistantships, law journal related experience, clerkship at the ministry, volunteers, and etc. I'm not sure as to what many would call "strong ECs" are like, but I can definitely say that my ECs showed diversity. 

Accepted last Wednesday, April 12

OLSAS CGPA 3.45 L2 ~3.5

Highest LSAT 163

Avg ECs and LORs

Hi all,

Looking for some advice:

I just received $20,000 from western, and only have 1 week to firmly accept them in order to be guaranteed the scholarship.

My top choice is for sure osgoode, but I am still in queue.

What should I do?!?! I don't want to give up the scholarship with the hopes of getting into Osgoode.

Stats:

3.95 CGPA, 158 LSAT, great overall application, did not fill out part B because it wasn't relevant to my application.

• Like 2

Someone in the Osgoode forum in a similar situation contacted Vicky Faclaris to explain their dilemma and seemingly managed to get their Osgoode application pushed through, but I cannot guarantee that their subsequent acceptance was anything more than a coincidence. Worth a try, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DisLawyer said:

Hi all,

Looking for some advice:

I just received $20,000 from western, and only have 1 week to firmly accept them in order to be guaranteed the scholarship.

My top choice is for sure osgoode, but I am still in queue.

What should I do?!?! I don't want to give up the scholarship with the hopes of getting into Osgoode.

Stats:

3.95 CGPA, 158 LSAT, great overall application, did not fill out part B because it wasn't relevant to my application.

I'd do just what the person above me said - contact Vicky. You aren't losing much by doing so. Congratulations on the scholarship btw, that's crazy impressive! 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 6:49 PM, putitthisway said:

Got accepted April 10th. 

Highest LSAT: 158 

cGPA: 3.60

L2: 3.85 

Hope for those with low LSATs! Good luck to all. 

Recently declined Western. Hope this opens up a spot for one of you here - best of luck to all who are still waiting! :) 

Accepted April 12th.

LSAT: 161

cGPA: 3.03

L2.5: 3.90

Did an extra year of undergrad to boost GPA. Strong LoRs and ECs. Tailored PS.

Edited by Ipleadthefifth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipleadthefifth said:

Accepted April 12th.

LSAT: 161

cGPA: 3.03

L2.5: 3.90

Did an extra year of undergrad to boost GPA. Strong LoRs and ECs. Tailored PS.

That's a mighty impressive L2. Congratulations.

Accepted today!

cGPA: 3.5

LSAT: 158/158

Will be declining. Good luck to all.

Edited by Torontoguy93

Accepted! 

First Ontario Acceptance. Rejected at both Windsor and Ottawa.

Cgpa: 2.55.

LSAT: Single write 161 

Low ECs, and did not tailor my PS. Which I should have....

Edited by Ehhhh
  • Like 1

Accepted Today

cGPA: 3.4

L2: 3.7

LSAT: 159

OLSAS has yet to be updated (so can't accept offer yet?), however it is on Student Center/received an email.