Sign in to follow this  
lawofthermodynamics

Accepted at McGill 2017

I completed my application on the 7th of March (the deadline).

The email I received told me my Minerva status would change the next day, but I checked it the same day and it had already changed....so I am not really sure.

I had an interview on March 24 and I was accepted on the 27th.

R score: around 35,3

That's the only stat I have since I didn't take the LSAT (English is my second language)

Wow! Bravo pour ta cote R de 35,3, c'est très impressionnant! Beau travail! :)

Félicitation aussi pour ton acceptation! Bien hâte de faire ta connaissance :)

Edited by Gerwulf

Congrats on your acceptance. Can you tell us a bit about the process for CEGEP students? I mean the interview process, what you wore, questions asked. That sort of thing. And thanks :) 

• Like 1

accepted with condition after mediocre french interview
3.4x +Masters
good lsat though

I think I might go crazy before I get an answer. I swear the waiting game is worse than school itself. 

• Like 3

If you don't mind, bachelor in what and masters ? Also out of 4 or 4.3?

in the usual (think arts)

out of 4

I think I might go crazy before I get an answer. I swear the waiting game is worse than school itself. 

You say that now.... wait until you see what school can be. 

• Like 4

You say that now.... wait until you see what school can be. 

Well that's a bit threatening. 

• Like 1

Congrats on your acceptance. Can you tell us a bit about the process for CEGEP students? I mean the interview process, what you wore, questions asked. That sort of thing. And thanks :)

I don't know... I guess I was wearing quite formal clothes (dress, blazer), but I've seen other candidates who were wearing more casual clothes.

Since I speak French, the interview was 50% French, 50% English for me. However, the girl before me was an English speaker and she told me she was only asked one question in French.

Be prepared for any kind of questions. They will ask you about law and/or politics. You don't need specific knowledge, but you need to be able to defend your point of view.

I hope this helped :)

I don't know... I guess I was wearing quite formal clothes (dress, blazer), but I've seen other candidates who were wearing more casual clothes.

Since I speak French, the interview was 50% French, 50% English for me. However, the girl before me was an English speaker and she told me she was only asked one question in French.

Be prepared for any kind of questions. They will ask you about law and/or politics. You don't need specific knowledge, but you need to be able to defend your point of view.

By politics, do you mean they'll ask us about policies that our Prime Minister is working on? Or politics in Montreal/Quebec? Oh my, my stomach dropped. I guess reading current events would be useful then? 

Thank you:)

do regular university applicants from montreal also have to do an interview?

* There will only be a phone interview if they want to check your ability to speak/understand french. :) 

Edited by lawpinkpanther

do regular university applicants from montreal also have to do an interview?

I'm a university applicant and had to do an in-person interview. I've described how it was like in a post that's on page 3.

By politics, do you mean they'll ask us about policies that our Prime Minister is working on? Or politics in Montreal/Quebec? Oh my, my stomach dropped. I guess reading current events would be useful then? 

I guess it could be anything. They used something I mentionned in my personal statement, but if you're not involved in anything they could use a random topic too.

So excited to be posting this!

I was accepted this morning under the conditions that I complete my undergraduate degree and maintain my GPA. I did not have a French interview (my mother is a francophone, I am about to complete a trilingual degree & I have previously worked in a bilingual position with the federal government).

GPA : 3.5 (will be 3.6 after this semester) L2 : 3.8

LSAT : 162, 160

Il sera difficile de décider entre McGill et Ottawa maintenant.

Bonne chance à tous ceux qui attendent encore! Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas à me demander.

• Like 1

I was accepted this morning under the conditions that I complete my undergraduate degree and maintain my GPA. I did not have a French interview (my mother is a francophone, I am about to complete a trilingual degree & I have previously worked in a bilingual position with the federal government).

Bonne chance à tous ceux qui attendent encore! Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas à me demander.

Félicitation!!! :D 

• Like 1

Congrats!!! from what program!! and does mcgill ook at L2??

Edited by lawofthermodynamics
  • Like 2

nope! But as a hollistic admissions process, if your last two are significantly better than the rest and something in your letter explains that etc. then the answer becomes a "possible maybe."

Félicitation!!! :D

Merci!!!  :-D

Thanks so much! I am about to complete a program in International Studies with minors in French and Spanish. As miss frizzle mentioned, I think they must have considered the upward trend in my grades since my cgpa is below the average. I explained why my grades were lower in my first year in the letter (I was working 3 jobs while taking full time courses).

Edited by jenesaisquoi
  • Like 1