On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎01 at 11:32 AM, Bard19 said:

Were you accepted off the waitlist? Do you know what spot you were in?

i am not really sure, I didn't get any indication that I was waitlisted.

Just got the email! Accepted off the waitlist.

GPA (confirmed, with drops): 78.34

LSAT: 170

Index: ~91.3

Will be accepting as UBC is my first choice. Good luck to everyone waiting! 

Edited by eileengray
  • Like 1

Same here; just got the email, and will be accepting. Discretionary category, off the wait list. Labour union advocacy work, GPA up-swing, 165 LSAT.

Special thanks to TRU, the only other school I've applied to this cycle, for rejecting me. At least I won't be pulling my hair out trying to compare and decide which school I should be attending now.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tamago said:

Same here; just got the email, and will be accepting. Discretionary category, off the wait list. Labour union advocacy work, GPA up-swing, 165 LSAT.

Special thanks to TRU, the only other school I've applied to this cycle, for rejecting me. At least I won't be pulling my hair out trying to compare and decide which school I should be attending now.

You sound like an idiot. It is tough to filter through hundreds and possibly thousands of applications. Your comment was unnecessary and petty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beentheredonethat4 said:

You sound like an idiot. It is tough to filter through hundreds and possibly thousands of applications. Your comment was unnecessary and petty. 

I meant to poke fun at my lack of options. The comment came about during a conversation I had with the missus, after TRU had turned me down but before I heard back from UBC. I was looking at the forum and I mentioned to her that it felt as though everyone here had multiple schools to pick from and my situation was just pathetic. She said, "well, at least you won't have to worry about that (choosing). Maybe you should even thank TRU for that."

I asked a co-worker to look at the post and he agrees that the way it's delivered could make me sound quite vindictive towards TRU. If that's your beef regarding "unnecessary and petty", then fair enough. I accept the criticism, and I apologise for any offence I caused. I'm sorry. Point taken and I'll try to be more careful in the future. The "idiot" bit's a little harsh though. I'd agree with you a lot more if you had called me an ass or a dick or prick instead.

If you still take issue with all this, please feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to listen to your grievance.

• Like 7

Hey guys and girls,

I'm new to the website, and this is going to be my first post.  I am currently taking summer courses at UBC, in between my 3rd and 4th year of my undergrad.  This coming September and January I will be taking a total of 24 credits to finish my degree.  I'm looking to take the LSAT in September and December, hoping that my September score will be high.  My current GPA at UBC is 3.70, which includes 30 credits.  I came to UBC from Langara where I did my first two years.  My GPA leaving Langara was 2.78, due to my first year where I didn't receive the best grades.  Upon entering into my second year there I started to receive A's and B's, and since attending UBC for my third year, I have only received A's and B's.  I am finding a lot of information on which GPA's are competitive, but I am having trouble finding information on how Law School's view transfer credits from a college to university.  Can anyone give me some information as to how I can view my cumulative GPA between Langara and UBC?  Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, taylorsmith said:

Hey guys and girls,

I'm new to the website, and this is going to be my first post.  I am currently taking summer courses at UBC, in between my 3rd and 4th year of my undergrad.  This coming September and January I will be taking a total of 24 credits to finish my degree.  I'm looking to take the LSAT in September and December, hoping that my September score will be high.  My current GPA at UBC is 3.70, which includes 30 credits.  I came to UBC from Langara where I did my first two years.  My GPA leaving Langara was 2.78, due to my first year where I didn't receive the best grades.  Upon entering into my second year there I started to receive A's and B's, and since attending UBC for my third year, I have only received A's and B's.  I am finding a lot of information on which GPA's are competitive, but I am having trouble finding information on how Law School's view transfer credits from a college to university.  Can anyone give me some information as to how I can view my cumulative GPA between Langara and UBC?  Thanks in advance!

wrong thread. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 0:24 PM, taylorsmith said:

Hey guys and girls,

Best practice is to call or email the schools you're interested in and ask directly.

Also, here's the general thread where you post your question:

http://lawstudents.ca/forums/forum/22-general-discussion/

Best of luck on your law school prep!

• Like 2

Hi. I had a quick question:  I was accepted for class starting in fall 2017. I have however come in a situation which requires me to defer my admission. 

I was hoping if you guys knew whether it was possible to defer the admission for a semester ? Or is it just a year ? And also if any of you knew under what circumstances they accept deferral requests? Many thanks. I don't want to lose my spot but I also am in such a terrible situation that I can't join till At least December. 

Many many thanks in advance for your advice. Cheers. 

Edited by Law1991

13 hours ago, Law1991 said:

Hi. I had a quick question:  I was accepted for class starting in fall 2017. I have however come in a situation which requires me to defer my admission. 

I was hoping if you guys knew whether it was possible to defer the admission for a semester ? Or is it just a year ? And also if any of you knew under what circumstances they accept deferral requests? Many thanks. I don't want to lose my spot but I also am in such a terrible situation that I can't join till At least December. 

Many many thanks in advance for your advice. Cheers. 

Sorry to hear about your situation, I found this in the FAQ: http://www.allard.ubc.ca/general-information-frequently-asked-questions

"We generally only offer deferrals in extenuating circumstances (e.g. medical or compassionate reasons. An applicant wishing to defer their studies should contact the admissions office outlining the reasons for which they are requesting a deferral."

Hope this helps!

considering quite a few of 1L classes run both semesters, I highly doubt deferring a single semester is possible

• Like 1

How soon after receiving an 'Offer Letter' and sending in your acceptance and deposit fee online did you receive a formal Acceptance Letter and pkg from Allard by mail?

Just got accepted off of the waitlist. Originally I was  #27 on the list back in May. I will be accepting my offer, good luck to everyone else! :) 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 1:12 PM, essie said:

Just got accepted off of the waitlist. Originally I was  #27 on the list back in May. I will be accepting my offer, good luck to everyone else!  

Congratulations. Would you mind share your stats?

1 hour ago, Bao said:

Congratulations. Would you mind share your stats?

Lsat 162 and gpa is around 3.9

• Like 1

On 2017-07-26 at 3:02 PM, essie said:

Lsat 162 and gpa is around 3.9

Regular or Discretionary category?  Also, how are were your EC's?  Thanks and congrats!

Accepted August 1st! 

GPA with drops: 3.92

LSAT: 160

Regular category 

Decent EC's but not exceptional (in my opinion) 

I was truly surprised to receive this offer! I was supposed to be moving to Ontario to attend Osgoode in two weeks, but I'm happily accepting at UBC! 

• Like 1