Sign in to follow this  
Melbatoast

Accepted to UVic 2017

I have no idea. I imagine pretty holistically? My reference letters all referenced my medical condition and one of them was from a lawyer who is a senior director at Legal Aid whom I worked directly under, so I feel like those were pretty key also.

In any case, good luck!!!

I was accepted before I asked, I was just wondering. I was starting to feel kind of...surprised I was admitted so quickly. But I guess it makes sense. Just feeling sort of humbled/lucky looking through the accepted/rejected/waitlisted threads for the last couple years.

GOT THE CALL TODAY! So pumped and will be accepting. Applied discretionary and my stats were a ~83% average with drops (self calculated using my undergrad grades as per UBC's scale) and a 165 LSAT. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

I'm a discretionary candidate and I just saw my status is "law-hold," how long does it take before they made their decision or when do they make their final decisions? Also does anyone know how many discretionary candidates they take?

my lsat is 161 and my cgpa is like 3.1 with drops but I had extenuating circumstances with supporting documents 

Edited by wolf12

For all you discretionary candidates out there, I talked to law admissions today and they told me they will be making decisions most likely before May 1 or latest the first week in May. they said that they'll release all their decisions on the same day. Also they told me that they had a 50% increase of applicants in this category this year, so there were 150 applicants and they can only accept a maximum of 15 from this category. They are doing the initial review and so they have accepted and rejected the obvious ones, but if your status is still saying that it is being forwarded to the committee, then you have been reviewed yet, but if your status is "law-hold," it means that you passed the initial review and will be decided with all others that are on the fence by may 1 or the following week. Hope this relaxes some of you :)

Discretionary candidate accepted under the regular category. 

GPA after drops was around 84

LSAT: 161 

Good luck everyone!

5 minutes ago, islandperson said:

Discretionary candidate accepted under the regular category. 

GPA after drops was around 84

LSAT: 161 

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Did you just hear today? 

Hello friends, 

I am quite torn deciding between UBC and UVIC. I received offers from both schools, and I am having the hardest time deciding. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations\thoughts on the subject. Please private message me. Thank you 

1) Quality of education

2) Career + networking

3) lifestyle + friends

4) Etc. 

On 5/25/2017 at 11:44 AM, mrahmatp said:

Hello friends, 

I am quite torn deciding between UBC and UVIC. I received offers from both schools, and I am having the hardest time deciding. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations\thoughts on the subject. Please private message me. Thank you 

1) Quality of education

2) Career + networking

3) lifestyle + friends

4) Etc. 

1) Same

2) UBC

3) UVic

4) #UVicDifference

UVic edges it out.

• Like 2

I had accepted a spot at UVic and withdrew today via email (no response yet) in favour of a UBC offer. Good luck everyone! 

Has anybody gotten in off of the waitlist? I know discretionary students have been accepted. And has anyone heard of any chances of uvic taking students off the waitlist this year?

On 7/1/2017 at 3:08 PM, iamiamsamiam said:

Has anybody gotten in off of the waitlist? I know discretionary students have been accepted. And has anyone heard of any chances of uvic taking students off the waitlist this year?

I spoke with admissions last week and they told me that they will be sending an update midway through July. They also said that they currently have not made any offers to people on the waitlist.