Sign in to follow this  
JuventusFan101

Toronto 2017 2L Recruitment

Gowlings sent out PFOs today. A bit unnecessary to send them to students who didn't OCI with them last week, as they're already aware they didn't make the cut.

• Like 4

Gowlings sent out PFOs today. A bit unnecessary to send them to students who didn't OCI with them last week, as they're already aware they didn't make the cut.

Oh man I got one too and I was confused because all I could do was read the subject line until a bit later. At first I thought their pre-OCI PFOs just didn't get sent out on time, but no, it was a "hey so we didn't interview you, and just to let you know, we didn't interview you."

A bit weird but okay.

Edited by Ryn
  • Like 2

Anyone familiar with waitlists for in-firms? Do people on waitlists typically get called or is it like a PFO with added stress?

• Like 1

Anyone familiar with waitlists for in-firms? Do people on waitlists typically get called or is it like a PFO with added stress?

I'm not familiar with it, but my sense is that unless you specifically hear a "thanks but no thanks", you're probably still in the running though to what degree varies. I think it depends on the firm. If they're super popular and in high demand, then it's possible they won't ever touch their waitlist. The less popular firms might run through their first choices and dip in to their waitlist when people start declining in-firms. Bear in mind that, realistically, people can only choose like three, maybe four, firms to interview with (though I do know some people go nuts and schedule way more). If someone got 10 ITCs, then they're probably going to have to decline the majority of them.

• Like 2

I've heard from Cassels, radio silence from DLA.

Yes, I heard from DLA Piper exactly ten days ago. UofT student

Were these ITCs or PFOs?

What does it mean if others have heard back, but I've yet to receive either an ITC or PFO? Is there still some hope for me? I think the anxiety of not knowing is worse than receiving a PFO.