Sign in to follow this  
BeanTeam

Scholarships

For those that were awarded a scholarship, has anyone been emailed by the Development Office in regards to how to go about thanking the donors? 

For those that were awarded a scholarship, has anyone been emailed by the Development Office in regards to how to go about thanking the donors? 

You'll get that email eventually don't worry

4 hours ago, whtpqgk said:

bump for this year. are we looking at late july this year as well?

Haven't heard anything yet. I know I'm expecting an email because it's a renewable scholarship (it already appeared on my transcript) so I'll post here when I do hear back. But it would be nice to get an ETA from @UofC Admissions!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, unsospiro said:

Haven't heard anything yet. I know I'm expecting an email because it's a renewable scholarship (it already appeared on my transcript) so I'll post here when I do hear back. But it would be nice to get an ETA from @UofC Admissions!

Word from SAFA is that they are working to get most notifications out by the end of July, with DTB notifications going out early-August. 

Cheers!

-Malina

• Like 3

Got an email! I think it's still early days because the info in Student Centre doesn't even have the most important part... the amount ;)

Edit: TIL no listed amount probably means it's a book. 

Edited by unsospiro

Received an email to my UCalgary account Friday afternoon. Grateful to have received a bursary. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

8 hours ago, clodhopper said:

Received an email to my UCalgary account Friday afternoon. Grateful to have received a bursary. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Thanks for posting this. Went and checked my UCalgary email  after reading your comment and saw I also got one!

I have a question for anyone who has received a bursary like this in the past for UofC.

I currently have my upcoming first year approved for entirely on government loans. Does this mean I need to get my government loans reduced by the amount of my bursary, as it will be applied to my tuition automatically, or can I just wait for the student loans to come through and then get the bursary money deposited into my bank account to use towards rent, groceries, bills, and textbooks?

7 hours ago, Huxlei said:

Thanks for posting this. Went and checked my UCalgary email  after reading your comment and saw I also got one!

I have a question for anyone who has received a bursary like this in the past for UofC.

I currently have my upcoming first year approved for entirely on government loans. Does this mean I need to get my government loans reduced by the amount of my bursary, as it will be applied to my tuition automatically, or can I just wait for the student loans to come through and then get the bursary money deposited into my bank account to use towards rent, groceries, bills, and textbooks?

if it's diff. tuit. bursary, it'll get applied in two chunks. (1/2 in fall 1/2 in winter).

close to sept, financial office will confirm your enrolment and request the balance (tuition - bursary) to be deposited directly to your uofc account

you'll receive the remainder deposited to your bank account.

(for BC studentaid)