Sign in to follow this  
Luckycharm

When will the 9:30am "call to bar ceremony" ends?

I am scheduled for the 9:30am.

My relatives has to catch a 2:30pm domestic flight.

Can someone let me know when will the 9:30am ceremony ends? 

Parts of it will seem interminable and your relatives should just leave when they have to. I think my June 2105 call was about 2.5 hours and there were hundreds of calls (that's the longest part-waiting through all the individual names to be called). If you're at 9:30, it should be fine to get to the airport on time.

Parts of it will seem interminable and your relatives should just leave when they have to. I think my June 2105 call was about 2.5 hours and there were hundreds of calls (that's the longest part-waiting through all the individual names to be called). If you're at 9:30, it should be fine to get to the airport on time.

So yours ended around noon then?

Thanks

Even if it doesn't end by then, just tell them to leave.  It is a supremely uninspiring ceremony.   They should do it the way alberta does.

• Like 1

Are relatives allowed to bring airhorns and huge foam fingers? They were specificalyl forbidden at my undergrad convocation (there were actually signs) but might liven up the ceremony a bit... 

Even if it doesn't end by then, just tell them to leave.  It is a supremely uninspiring ceremony.   They should do it the way alberta does.

What does Alberta do?

Small personalized ceremony in Chambers with lawyer sponsor and judge.

• Like 1

From my experience with (non-Ontario) call ceremonies, they go anywhere from 10 minutes to three hours, depending on the way it's done and the number of people being called.