Sign in to follow this  
123tr

File Still Under Review

Just got an email indicating my file is currently under review. I have highly uncompetitive stats so I presume a rejection will arrive shortly.

Just got the email also. My stats are very low (3.8, 161) so I also see a rejection arriving very soon in my mailbox.

I got "File under review" too, but my full application was submitted by the due date and I wrote the LSAT over a year ago. 

Does the fact that they're waitlisting and rejecting students while our files are still under review mean that our best case scenario is to be waitlisted at this point? 

Also, if we are waitlisted at the end of the month, after all these other applicants have already been wailisted, do you think we're sent to the end of the list, or would our position be decided based on rank/merit? 

I got "File under review" too, but my full application was submitted by the due date and I wrote the LSAT over a year ago. 

Does the fact that they're waitlisting and rejecting students while our files are still under review mean that our best case scenario is to be waitlisted at this point? 

Also, if we are waitlisted at the end of the month, after all these other applicants have already been wailisted, do you think we're sent to the end of the list, or would our position be decided based on rank/merit? 

This seems reasonable. Doesn't look promising at all.. considering ppl have already been waitlisted. If that wasn't the case I might be more optimistic.

File under review email sent to me too.

Stats:

LSAT: 160 October 2015, 166 February 2016

CGPA: 3.5

Last two: 3.85

Last/Best three: 3.65

File under review email sent to me too.

Stats:

LSAT: 160 October 2015, 166 February 2016

CGPA: 3.5

Last two: 3.85

Last/Best three: 3.65

interesting... these are competitive stats for at least the waitlist if not a straight rejection...

Also got this email. I'm rather worried and not very hopeful now seeing how many people got it.

Stats are 166 LSAT, haven't calculated B3 (went to an American undergrad) but GPA should be competitive. 

I guess 166 is the magic number. My stats are 166, 3.76 B3/cGPA (still in my fourth year so they're the same)

I was expecting a straight rejection, so I'll take the tiny bit of hope this gives me.

LSAT: 169

Last/Best 3: 3.65(ish??? I think my b3 is the same as my L2 but i'm not certain)

cGPA: 2.5 (health issues in first 2 years which is explained in app)

Also received this email this morning! Low stats (cgpa 3.2, lsat 161), so expecting a rejection in the near future. My guess is that I'm at the bottom of the pile so they haven't had a chance to review my application at all yet. Long shot, but the application fee was waived, figured I might as well put an app in lol

Edit: wrote October (160) and December (161)

Edited by sweetgal126

Did you all write the Feb LSAT? I got the File Under Review email as well and wrote the Feb LSAT. Don't really have hope, although it would be nice to be back on campus again. 

"In the interim, it is prudent to consider responding to any offers that you may have received from other law schools, to avoid missing response deadlines for such offers while you await our decision."  - this part of the email almost seems to indicate waitlist/rejection... 

File under review here as well (164 [Oct]/cGPA 3.68/B3 3.8). Tried giving the admissions office a call to clarify what exactly this means (i.e. is the wait list the best case scenario at this point, or can we still be accepted outright?), but it goes straight to voicemail (I'm assuming they're getting a lot of calls today). If anyone gets in touch with them, it would be awesome if you could share what you learn

Edited by airrep

I also got the file under review today my stats are cgpa 3.52 (best 3 about 3.6 and l2 around 3.8) with a 169 LSAT. What do we think... Worse off than wait list?!?

Could be worse than waitlist, or better than waitlist. To say it's worse would mean either everyone with it will end up rejected, or end up with a worse off position on the waitlist. The former seems impossible since they could just reject us with the rejections sent out, and the latter seems unlikely since some better stats were posted here than the waitlist thread.

So close yet so far. I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of ambiguity with this application and this "file still under review" email just made it worse lol!

Good luck to everyone!