Sign in to follow this  
twinsfindme

The Night/Day Before [in-firms]...

My only ProTip based on experience from the hiring side: if a potential employer calls you to arrange a second interview, do not expect them to work around your snorkelling schedule.

I have had a lot of weird telephone conversations in this business. That was one of the least expected, given the context.

oh gosh

My only ProTip based on experience from the hiring side: if a potential employer calls you to arrange a second interview, do not expect them to work around your snorkelling schedule.

I have had a lot of weird telephone conversations in this business. That was one of the least expected, given the context.

At the risk of outing myself as a huge nerd whose skin hisses and burns when exposed to natural light, who snorkels so much they have a snorkeling schedule? Is this.. Is this a thing people do?
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Okay incredible, then I interpreted your post incorrectly. Do you know the gpa for your last two years or your best two years? Also, if your gpa is lower due to a few bad marks, some schools (Uvic and UBC I know for sure) drop some of your worst marks from their gpa calculation. 
    • Not OLSAS converted yet, apparently to be posted in December for me. I used the lawapplicants.ca converter to estimate my GPA, hopefully it is accurate. I appreciate the response Luckycharm you're a legend! Happy to hear I can let some anxiousness go! 
    • I have to congratulate you on being so astute. It's really impressive to me when people are able to take a realistic view of things.  My answer to your questions would be as follows. Your GPA is going to be a major hurdle. A high LSAT would help but a practice test score is not always the same as the score you'll get on test day. If you are passionate about law and it is your dream career then there are options. If you're goal is simply to have a stable and we'll paying job there are other options that will serve you better. 
    • @Toby1994 My goal was law school since the beginning because being a lawyer sounds like a job that I will enjoy. Talked to a few local lawyers and it seemed like a good fit for me. A psych major does open up doors but thats only if you have a master's degree which requires a high GPA. The only things I can get into with just the undergrad is things I am honestly not interested in. I totally agree that I should consider my options because law school is a lot of money
    • I just did this, it is a grind. Worth it in the end though. I took nine courses through Athabasca and spoke with someone from the U of C Faculty of Law who said it didn't matter which institution you took the courses through. I had to go through Athabasca because I continued to work full-time and couldn't commit to in-person classes (pre Covid).  I hope this helps! Good luck!