Sign in to follow this  
mtllawstudent

Course aux stages 2016

Recent hires: have you ever walked out of a first interview feeling unsure about whether a meaningful connection was made, and it still worked out in the end anyway?

Don't worry about it. I walked out of interviews absolutely certain that I had connected with my interviewers and didn't get a callback.  On other occasions, I walked out being like meh and ended up getting a callback.  There are so many other factors that come into play. For instance, each interview team can only let a certain amount of candidates through. So, if the 2 people before or after you were absolute superstars, you might not may it to the next round.

It's hard, but you have to let it go and stop thinking about it. Out of your hands at this point.

Did anyone get any second round calls yet?

I've heard that BLG, Miller Thomson and Norton have already started to make call for the second round.

• Like 1

Don't worry about it. I walked out of interviews absolutely certain that I had connected with my interviewers and didn't get a callback.  On other occasions, I walked out being like meh and ended up getting a callback.  There are so many other factors that come into play. For instance, each interview team can only let a certain amount of candidates through. So, if the 2 people before or after you were absolute superstars, you might not may it to the next round.

It's hard, but you have to let it go and stop thinking about it. Out of your hands at this point.

Dear bigfirmgirl, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and to share your experiences! Just hearing this makes the process much more enjoyable.  

Recent hires: have you ever walked out of a first interview feeling unsure about whether a meaningful connection was made, and it still worked out in the end anyway?

Yep. Don't read into interviews and your feelings about them too much. Sometimes you'll be right, other times you'll have the exact opposite feeling of what the other side of the table thought. This often happens when people think their interviews went atrociously vs. exquisitely. Either way, don't stress about things that are over and out of your control. Enjoy the process ;)

• Like 2

I've heard that BLG, Miller Thomson and Norton have already started to make call for the second round.

Fasken also has started their seconds. 

• Like 1

Did anybody who had an interview at Miller Thomson yesterday get a call for a second interview?

I hope you interviews went well. Mine were OK, no call for a second round interview yet. Please let me know if you hear from Fasken, BCF or Blakes. Best of luck to you all!

I hope you interviews went well. Mine were OK, no call for a second round interview yet. Please let me know if you hear from Fasken, BCF or Blakes. Best of luck to you all!

When did you do your interviews for these firms?

When did you do your interviews for these firms?

Blakes and Fasken on Monday, BCF yesterday (Tuesday).

Blakes and Fasken on Monday, BCF yesterday (Tuesday).

I'm in the same boat as you, and I heard that ppl got called back for Fasken and Blakes already :S Although many tell me that the timing of the call doesn't matter that much!

Did anybody who had an interview at Miller Thomson yesterday get a call for a second interview?

I am wondering as well! They called people that had their interview Monday on Tuesday early afternoon but I did not hear of anyone interviewed yesterday receiving a call.

• Like 1

Stikeman starts calling tomorrow, right? 

Edited by perlie

Stikeman starts calling tomorrow, right? 

Yup! Today in the evening

I got a call from McCarthy yesterday afternoon. 

Hi! Thx for your answer. When was your interview?

Was it one of the members of your panel that called you directly?

Hey guys, I would like your opinion!

I had an interview late afternoon on monday with Blakes 

Also had an interview with Norton Rose on tuesday morning 

Still no call and no email/refusal - Do you think I still have any chance to make it to second round?