Sign in to follow this  
mtllawstudent

Course aux stages 2016

My question may sound stupid, but I'd like to know what is appropriate footwear for interviews (for women). There will still be snow, so normally I'd wear boots to get there. But then does it look inappropriate once you're at the interview? Do I bring shoes and change there? I was thinking maybe short black booties?

Leaving my place in a cab and going directly to the interview is not an option as I will be travelling from Ottawa. Any advice regarding my trip's logistics would be welcome. What do I do with the stuff I will be carrying? (Laptop, change of clothes, travel basics...) I won't have my own car, so I can't leave stuff in there. I'm not staying at a hotel either. Should I rent a locker at the bus station?

My question may sound stupid, but I'd like to know what is appropriate footwear for interviews (for women). There will still be snow, so normally I'd wear boots to get there. But then does it look inappropriate once you're at the interview? Do I bring shoes and change there? I was thinking maybe short black booties?

Leaving my place in a cab and going directly to the interview is not an option as I will be travelling from Ottawa. Any advice regarding my trip's logistics would be welcome. What do I do with the stuff I will be carrying? (Laptop, change of clothes, travel basics...) I won't have my own car, so I can't leave stuff in there. I'm not staying at a hotel either. Should I rent a locker at the bus station?

I believe most firms have a room where you can leave your coat and that is where I would also leave my boots and change into smart footwear. Good luck !

• Like 1

Anyone hear anything from IMK?

Nothing yet. Did anyone even get a confirmation that their application had been received?

I believe most firms have a room where you can leave your coat and that is where I would also leave my boots and change into smart footwear. Good luck !

This.

Pretty much every law firm has a coat room where you can leave your coat and boots to change into shoes. As far as your personal items go, you can keep them with you if you're afraid of losing them (re: laptop).

Edited by he4dhuntr
  • Like 1

Has anyone from a Montreal school heard from BLG?

Not yet. I don't know anybody from UQAM who received any news from BLG. Do they send letters (e-mails) of refusal ?

Has anybody heard from LRMM (Lapointe, Rosenstein, etc.) ?

• Like 1

Not yet. I don't know anybody from UQAM who received any news from BLG. Do they send letters (e-mails) of refusal ?

Personally, I haven't heard from LRMM.

Did anybody from U de M hear from BLG?

I didn't.

Did anybody from U de M hear from McCarthy Tétrault?

Did anybody from U de M hear from McCarthy Tétrault?

Yes, I got a call last week on wednesday from McCarthy... but I'm not sure they call per university.

LRMM says they're gonna call people tommorrow and thursday on their website!

• Like 2

Est-ce que quelqu'un a des nouvelles de Langlois? Québec ou Montréal.

J'ai appliqué pour Montréal et pas de nouvelles! Sais-tu quand ils doivent appeler?

Still no calls from Lapointe Rosenstein ? Anyone from UdeM? 

Just got one, but not from UdM

Edited by eveil009