Stikeman Elliott : no calls before the 22nd

Woods : nothing

Pour BLG, ou as-tu trouve la date du 23 fev? Merci

Edited by MikeJJ

"Stikeman Elliott : no calls before the 22nd" 

C'est à corriger :)

Stikeman vient d'appeler (McGill). 

• Like 2

Aussi, svp, ne vous laissez pas décourager par les annonces dans ce post! Des fois je vois qu'un cabinet a appelé l'un-e d'entre vous, mais je ne reçois l'appel moi-même qu’1 ou 2 jours plus tard. Donc, lorsqu’on vous dit que différents cabinets fonctionnent avec des processus différents de sélection, croyez le!! Tout n’est pas fini. 

• Like 6

Aussi, svp, ne vous laissez pas décourager par les annonces dans ce post! Des fois je vois qu'un cabinet a appelé l'un-e d'entre vous, mais je ne reçois l'appel moi-même qu’1 ou 2 jours plus tard. Donc, lorsqu’on vous dit que différents cabinets fonctionnent avec des processus différents de sélection, croyez le!! Tout n’est pas fini. 

Hi, does it mean firms take between 2 to 3 days to complete all calls? Thanks for the reassuring words !

Hi, does it mean firms take between 2 to 3 days to complete all calls? Thanks for the reassuring words !

Sometimes, but also you have to consider that, while some firms review all applications as a whole, others will review one school at a time. Some firms will also wait to have reviewed all the applications before they call anyone while others will start calling people as they go through applications. There are so many factors that can affect how soon you receive a call. Best of luck!

• Like 1

I have no idea, it’s my first course. But I guess there could be a lot of reasons

• Your application was given to a specific group of persons, who has not started reviewing yet 
  • You were selected during the second round of applications review (so what? if you still get an interview you still stand a chance :))
  • They proceed school by school 

If I were you, I would not make any judgements about myself according to the call timing, or to who’s called me exactly (e.g.: if a mid-size firm did not call then Davies would definitely not). Some big firms called me immediately in the first wave, whereas I waited a little longer for other mid-size firms. Sometimes it was the other way round. 

We are all really stressed and checking obsessively but it helps to remind other people that you did not always get a call immediately :)

Edited by perlie
  • Like 2

RSS et BCF ont envoyé des lettres de refus par courrier / courriel.

"Stikeman Elliott : no calls before the 22nd" 

C'est à corriger :)

Stikeman vient d'appeler (McGill). 

Hey! Was your call from an unknown number?

I got a call from Stikeman as well and it wasn't from an unknown number.

Ah, that's weird then! Did they tell you that they were going to send an email tomorrow to let you choose your interview time though?

Some firms call over a period exceeding 2 to 3 days. These types of threads are fine, but as someone posted above, don't put too much thought and stress into it. You'll get your calls when you get them ;)

• Like 3

Ah, that's weird then! Did they tell you that they were going to send an email tomorrow to let you choose your interview time though?

Yes they did!

• Like 1

Hey! Was your call from an unknown number?

No worries. I don't think anyone would call you from a hidden number just to trick you and set up a fake interview with you. If that's indeed the case, there is a special place in hell for these people.  :rolling:

No worries. I don't think anyone would call you from a hidden number just to trick you and set up a fake interview with you. If that's indeed the case, there is a special place in hell for these people.  :rolling:

Haha, thanks for the reassurance!