Sign in to follow this  
mtllawstudent

Course aux stages 2016

Browsing NALP gave me the impression that there was less position available this year than last year. 

What do you guys think?

D'après mes informations, certains cabinets auraient déjà appelé des candidats pour les convoquer en entrevue.

D'après mes informations, certains cabinets auraient déjà appelé des candidats pour les convoquer en entrevue.

Sais-tu quels cabinets? 

Sais-tu quels cabinets? 

Sûr à 100% : BCF.

Le reste je ne pourrais pas te le confirmer, je préfère attendre que les gens qui ont eu des appels des autres cabinets se manifestent

Edited by 514
  • Like 2

Il y a des cabinets qui commencent à appeler tout de suite (au fûr et à mesure qu'ils révisent les candidatures), tandis que d'autres attendent pour appeler après qu'ils aient révisé tous les dossiers.

Bonne succès à tous! Enjoy the process!

Je ne nommerai pas de noms, mais je sais qu'il y a des cabinets qui font deux rondes de révisions (premièrement par le ou la directrice de recrutement et par après - pour les candidatures qui restent - par le comité de recrutement / comité étudiant) avant d'appeler les candidats. Ceci dit, peut-être que les candidats qui sont définitivement dans le "Yes Pile" se font appeler au fûr et à mesure que leurs dossiers sont revus, vu que j'imagine que les cabinets veulent s'assurer de ne pas appeler trop tard dans le processus (à un moment où ce type de candidat puisse déjà avoir booké pas mal de leur semaine).

Tout ça pour dire de ne pas trop stresser avec le timing des appels que vous recevrez ou pas! :)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Yes, it isn't uncommon out west in some markets but I've never heard of it happening with Ontario employers.
    • Hey everyone,  Ever since I finished articling and started practicing, I can't help but think that I wish I had known more about how much and just how difficult line of credits are to pay back once you start working. If someone had sat me down and gave me a sober and honest take on the reality of the interest costs, etc., I'd like to think I would have spent less on my LOC and have been more cognizant of what all this means when it comes to payback time (that time comes a lot sooner than you think).  I came across this great article posted by a friend that was one of the more honest takes on interest costs and timelines for repayment. I found the numbers used in this article to be on the low side ($54,000 spent on a LOC). Personally, and many of my friends who were on their own for law school, are closer to the $100,000 mark. Regardless, I found the article gave me a new perspective (I just wish I had read this 5 years ago).  If you're starting law school, or at some point through it, YOU NEED TO READ THIS AND YOU NEED TO START THINKING WHAT ALL OF THIS FREE MONEY REALLY MEANS!!! I can't stress this enough. The money that you will have available to start paying back debt is much less than you think (taxes, deductions, living costs, etc.).  I started looking at the site and noticed that it was started by two lawyers as well which makes sense given the amount of content on there specifically geared for young people/students/just starting their careers.  If anyone has similar thoughts, please leave them below and let me know about your experiences. AND IF ANYONE IS IN LAW SCHOOL OR JUST STARTING, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT AND I'LL GLADLY CONNECT WITH YOU TO HOPEFULLY ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. Just trying to help people avoid making the mistakes that I did. Article here: https://modernmoney.ca/personal-finance/professional-insights-what-does-law-school-really-cost/
    • That isn't how it works in reality. It is largely a matter of resources as barelylegal mentions. My (relatively) small firm typically receives 100+ apps during 2L OCIs for 2 positions. It was a similar number when we didn't hire until the articling recruit. We usually interview ~10 applicants for each position. 
    • I suggest you contact Ottawa Law school directly to find out how they view your application. 168 LSAT is a very impressive score... Your academic performance may be over   Mature Applicants In order to qualify as a mature student, at the time of application: the applicant must have five or more years of work or other non-academic experience since completing secondary school studies; and the period of non-academic experience may include part-time, but not full time, post-secondary studies. In this category, additional consideration will be given to relevant outstanding qualities, as evidenced by previous career and/or life experiences. The academic program in law school is very demanding, so we are looking for a demonstration of capacity for academic success. This usually includes satisfactory completion of at least some courses at the university level. In addition to all the documents listed on our How to Apply page, Mature applicants must also submit to OLSAS an up-to-date résumé or curriculum vitae. Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae or resume via the SAM page in their OLSAS application. If you are unable to obtain a letter of reference from an academic source, please choose referees who are able to speak to your abilities as they relate to law school, namely your ability to analyse, write, conduct research, work in groups, and organize your time. Applicants in this category must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
    • Went back to school to improve my GPA and got a 161 lsat on my third attempt. I've also worked in Parliament for an MP for 5 years as well.