Sign in to follow this  
SeanConnery

Accepted 2016

Just heard! My status on Solus changed either this morning or Friday!

cGPA: 3.57

LSAT: 165

Good luck to all still waiting!

Same! My stats are almost identical, too.

Anyone have similar stats and still waiting? I'm at a 3.52 (l2 3.79) and 169 and still silence! Hoping I didn't royally screw up something in my app

Anyone have similar stats and still waiting? I'm at a 3.52 (l2 3.79) and 169 and still silence! Hoping I didn't royally screw up something in my app

Yep 3.57 (l2 3.8 ish) and 166 :(

In! Will be declining.

CGPA 3.58

LSAT 167

Softs: 3 LORs, lots of office work experience, and an Honours degree.

I'm excited to say my cycle is done!

Edited by Starling

In! Will be declining.

CGPA 3.58

LSAT 167

Softs: 3 LORs, lots of office work experience, and an Honours degree.

I'm excited to say my cycle is done!

Lol. I can't even fathom what it must be like for your cycle to be done. I haven't heard anything other than a waitlist from the windsor dual program... Congrats though! Seems well deserved.

• Like 3

Lol. I can't even fathom what it must be like for your cycle to be done. I haven't heard anything other than a waitlist from the windsor dual program... Congrats though! Seems well deserved.

Thank you! Good luck, I am sure you will hear back soon. Congrats on your LSAT. :)

Edited by Starling

I thought waiting for LSAT marks was bad, turns out waiting for a response from your first choice is way worse! Ive got comparable stats to people who have already been accepted, which adds to the anxiety, but my L2 is identical to my cGPA (3.6) and I wrote the LSAT three times (average 160, best 168). I've read on other threads that they order applications based on your average LSAT mark but is that still in play at this point? Does a lack of an upward trend in your L2 reflect badly on your application?

• Like 1

I think you'll be just fine with a 3.6 and a 168. Keep in mind a lot of people reject come late March so another "wave" is sent out, presumably at that point with candidates they've already approved and just are waiting for seats to open to give them.

I don't know if you applied, but I'd hazard a guess and say you have a shot at u of t too (although later probably). A 168 is a very impressive lsat score.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I think you'll be just fine with a 3.6 and a 168. Keep in mind a lot of people reject come late March so another "wave" is sent out, presumably at that point with candidates they've already approved and just are waiting for seats to open to give them.

I don't know if you applied, but I'd hazard a guess and say you have a shot at u of t too (although later probably). A 168 is a very impressive lsat score.

Good luck.

Just jumping in to support this - I would put serious money on you getting into Queen's with those stats! The last few acceptances in this thread, including mine, have had the same if not slightly lower stats.

• Like 1

I thought waiting for LSAT marks was bad, turns out waiting for a response from your first choice is way worse! Ive got comparable stats to people who have already been accepted, which adds to the anxiety, but my L2 is identical to my cGPA (3.6) and I wrote the LSAT three times (average 160, best 168). I've read on other threads that they order applications based on your average LSAT mark but is that still in play at this point? Does a lack of an upward trend in your L2 reflect badly on your application?

The only thing about your stats that could hurt your chances would be the fact that your LSAT 168 is after 3 separate takes.

The LSAT's primary use is to help predict law school 0L/1L success, which in turn is highly related to bar passage rate. However, the LSAT is only predictive for first takers (and even then, its relation is a noisy so-so). They'll probably look at your LSAT mean more than the 168.

• Like 1

The only thing about your stats that could hurt your chances would be the fact that your LSAT 168 is after 3 separate takes.

The LSAT's primary use is to help predict law school 0L/1L success, which in turn is highly related to bar passage rate. However, the LSAT is only predictive for first takers (and even then, its relation is a noisy so-so). They'll probably look at your LSAT mean more than the 168.

How do you treat multiple LSAT scores?

The Admissions Committee initially considers the average score for the ranking of applicants for scholarship purposes and ordering review of the files for decision by the Committee. The Admissions Committee will rely on the highest score achieved at the time of the admission decision.

- Queens website. So basically, they sort which files they review by average LSAT, but ultimately decision is based on highest LSAT. 

• Like 1

Anybody else apply to a dual program? I applied to the jd/MPA and was just accepted with a substantial scholarship to the MPA but haven't heard from the JD yet. Wondering if the decision process is any different for dual programs / if my acceptance to the MPA will have any weight on my JD application!

Anybody else apply to a dual program? I applied to the jd/MPA and was just accepted with a substantial scholarship to the MPA but haven't heard from the JD yet. Wondering if the decision process is any different for dual programs / if my acceptance to the MPA will have any weight on my JD application!

I applied to the JD/MPA program as well and was accepted to the MPA program earlier this week. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about the JD yet either.

Just declined my offer (: good luck to everyone who's waiting 

Do you guys think there will be another round before April 1?

Looking through last year's accepted thread it looks like a lot of offers went out in March, so hopefully! :)

just got Admitted to queen 3.66/ best two 3.92, lsat 161 waiting for other schools.