Sign in to follow this  
rubix

In queue?

will there be anymore offers before the July 1 deadline?

I was told the next offers are coming after June 8th 14th.

• Like 1

I was told the next offers are coming after June 8th 14th.

I'm still in queue, however, noticed a few people getting in off waitlist recently. Will these next offers be to those previously waitlisted...?

I'm still in queue, however, noticed a few people getting in off waitlist recently. Will these next offers be to those previously waitlisted...

No, based on past acceptance threads they they admit from both those on waitlist and in queue. 

Just got off the phone with admissions. They still maintain offers are going on a rolling basis. The application goes through at least two readings as we know. If you get in, you'll receive an email first with letter to follow. She also said that the class is a little over 2/3rds full.

• Like 3

Just got off the phone with admissions. They still maintain offers are going on a rolling basis. The application goes through at least two readings as we know. If you get in, you'll receive an email first with letter to follow. She also said that the class is a little over 2/3rds full.

June 9th and they still have around 80 spots open. Are you kidding me Osgoode?

• Like 6

June 9th and they still have around 80 spots open. Are you kidding me Osgoode?

LOL they want to make sure that you have nerves of steel and a never ending supply of patience before you get into law school...

• Like 5

Hmm, I don't know how the class is just over 2/3rd full... when I called she told me they were going through the last bit of applications so it makes me wonder. And, I don't understand why they are going through their waitlist already, before finishing up all of the in queue apps. Why Osgoode Why. 

Hmm, I don't know how the class is just over 2/3rd full... when I called she told me they were going through the last bit of applications so it makes me wonder. And, I don't understand why they are going through their waitlist already, before finishing up all of the in queue apps. Why Osgoode Why. 

I would guess if they made offers to 2/3rds of the students if any of those confirmed seats were to become available (changed their mind, another school accepted them etc.) they would want to fill them right away. They could be holding that final 1/3rd until they had finished reviewing all the applications and then will make offers accordingly. I have supported program selection before and I know we do that because you want to maintain your confirmed seats as best you can. Whether Osgoode follows the same practice during selection I have no idea. 

• Like 1

I would guess if they made offers to 2/3rds of the students if any of those confirmed seats were to become available (changed their mind, another school accepted them etc.) they would want to fill them right away. They could be holding that final 1/3rd until they had finished reviewing all the applications and then will make offers accordingly. I have supported program selection before and I know we do that because you want to maintain your confirmed seats as best you can. Whether Osgoode follows the same practice during selection I have no idea. 

That actually makes some sense! Thanks for explaining that. 

That actually makes some sense! Thanks for explaining that. 

Osgoode might have a slightly different system, but It's my best guess :) 

Is there any indication if its a good or bad sign if we haven't heard anything back yet? 

^ lol no one knows... but fingers crossed it's a good sign we haven't been rejected yet! I figured today would be the day but I guess our nerves will have to withstand another weekend (and can only express this feeling through emoticons!)

• Like 2

^ lol no one knows... but fingers crossed it's a good sign we haven't been rejected yet! I figured today would be the day but I guess our nerves will have to withstand another weekend (and can only express this feeling through emoticons!)

The wait is driving me insane!! It does reassure me a little though that rejections have been going out and we are still in the running!

LOL I feel that deep in my soul... you know times are rough when getting through the weekend is a struggle... 

• Like 3

LOL I feel that deep in my soul... you know times are rough when getting through the weekend is a struggle...

Im staying at my grandparents house this weekend because i cant stand being in my apartment lool

I am l i t e r a l l y d y i n g ...

Im staying at my grandparents house this weekend because i cant stand being in my apartment lool

I'm glad we're all in the same obsessive boat...

I am l i t e r a l l y d y i n g ...

anyone speak w admissions today?

anyone speak w admissions today?

Just got off the phone with them. We should see some movement near the end of this week as the last batch had Jun 8th/ Jun 14th to reply. She said the next group has until the 23/24 of Jun to respond. Again she maintained everyone will hear back before July 2. I asked if they expect to have the class filled by July 2 and she said that they hope to do so. 

• Like 4