Sign in to follow this  
rubix

In queue?

do you get an email saying you are in que or does it just update on OASIS?

No email. Just on OASIS.

Hey everyone,

There seems to have been no update on my application - still reads in queue. However, I noticed this morning two sections had been added: "Confirmation of Acceptance" with none of the spaces filled out and "Osgoode Email and Account Information." Has this happened to anyone else? What does this mean? I feel like I am reading way too much into this.

this sounds like you've been admitted but I really wouldn't know.... lol

Hey everyone,

There seems to have been no update on my application - still reads in queue. However, I noticed this morning two sections had been added: "Confirmation of Acceptance" with none of the spaces filled out and "Osgoode Email and Account Information." Has this happened to anyone else? What does this mean? I feel like I am reading way too much into this.

The section marked "Status of Application" will tell you if you have been admitted.

• Like 1

this sounds like you've been admitted but I really wouldn't know.... lol

Haha that's where my mind went first but I wasn't sure either. I shall wait patiently, i.e. refresh my OASIS account incessantly, in the meanwhile. Here's hoping a new round of offers are indeed in the works!

• Like 1

I've been in queue since 2 December 2015. Is there anyone else that went into queue the same time as me that hasn't had an response? I don't understand the purpose of this queue if they aren't going to look at applications that are in the queue before adding more applicants. I'm not even saying that I deserve to be looked at early, just don't understand the point of Osgoode's queue right now..

Good luck to all those who are still in the waiting game!

• Like 2

I've been in queue since 2 December 2015. Is there anyone else that went into queue the same time as me that hasn't had an response? I don't understand the purpose of this queue if they aren't going to look at applications that are in the queue before adding more applicants. I'm not even saying that I deserve to be looked at early, just don't understand the point of Osgoode's queue right now..

I wouldn't be too discouraged I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat. I am one of the people who got in queue with the big wave last week. What it looked like to me is that a lot of people who filled out part b of the application went in to queue sooner as the admissions committee probably needs to look more in depth to see if extenuating circumstances combined with stats warrants an acceptance which is why acceptances have been very slowly trickling in to this point! Maybe some more acceptances will go out before and after the provisional acceptance deadline :)

• Like 2

I'm in the same situation - in the queue since Dec. 2nd. I thought it might have been slow because I wrote the December LSAT but still no movement. I'm kind of glad I'm not alone!

• Like 1

I think I know the answer to this, but just to confirm: if you accept an offer elsewhere will you be removed from the queue without an offer/rejection? Or do you still have the potential to receive an offer from Osgoode after April 1st if you accepted an offer from another Ontario school? 

I think I know the answer to this, but just to confirm: if you accept an offer elsewhere will you be removed from the queue without an offer/rejection? Or do you still have the potential to receive an offer from Osgoode after April 1st if you accepted an offer from another Ontario school?

If you firm accept at another Ontario school then your application to Osgoode will be cancelled.

If you provisionally accept your application at Osgoode will remain open.

• Like 1

If you firm accept at another Ontario school then your application to Osgoode will be cancelled.

Thank you! That's a relief! I had a little moment of panic over a post earlier in this thread, but I guess the person made a firm acceptance. 

I'm in the same situation - in the queue since Dec. 2nd. I thought it might have been slow because I wrote the December LSAT but still no movement. I'm kind of glad I'm not alone!

I'm glad I'm not the only one too! The December LSAT could explain why yours hasn't been looked at yet. They had my LSAT by then though, so hopefully it's nothing to worry about. 

This is probably a dumb question but how to you provisionally accept vs. firm accept another offer? Is there an option to do one vs. the other on OLSAS? Is there any downside to provisionally accepting an offer?

This is probably a dumb question but how to you provisionally accept vs. firm accept another offer? Is there an option to do one vs. the other on OLSAS? Is there any downside to provisionally accepting an offer?

Provisionally or firm accepting is done through the SAM tool on your OLSAS account.

There doesn't seem to be any strong evidence pointing towards a downside in provisionally accepting.

• Like 1

There doesn't seem to be any strong evidence pointing towards a downside in provisionally accepting.

This info is five years old, but for what it's worth: When I was an applicant, one couldn't apply for student housing until they'd firmly accepted. Priority for housing assignments went to those who applied earliest. So, conceivably, putting off a provisional acceptance could mean that you get a bachelor instead of a one-bedroom unit, or you get housed in Assiniboine rather than Passy.

I'm not saying this should affect your decision, it's just the one downside I could think of for provisional acceptance. (And firm acceptance has its own obvious downside.)

• Like 1

This info is five years old, but for what it's worth: When I was an applicant, one couldn't apply for student housing until they'd firmly accepted. Priority for housing assignments went to those who applied earliest. So, conceivably, putting off a provisional acceptance could mean that you get a bachelor instead of a one-bedroom unit, or you get housed in Assiniboine rather than Passy.

I'm not saying this should affect your decision, it's just the one downside I could think of for provisional acceptance. (And firm acceptance has its own obvious downside.)

Im not sure if applying to the Chambers is out of the picture (maybe someone can confirm this), but having a guaranteed spot is dependent on the applicant firm accepting by June 15.

It's madness, I tell you!

Thank you for your email.  I'm afraid it is impossible to pinpoint when you will see an update.  I wouldn't use last year's cycle as a benchmark as each cycle is new.  You can hear any time through to May/June.  Best of luck!