Sign in to follow this  
UofThopeful

ACCEPTED 2016

Does this seem like a particularly large 1st round? I remember reading on their Tumblr that they normally do 1/3rd of offers in the 1st round, but based on the FB group it seems like its more like 1/3rd of spots expected to be taken (assuming a 60-70% yield rate)

Last year was a 65% yield rate with a 15.8% acceptance rate if anyone is interested.

So how long do most people from the first round tend to take in accepting the offer of admission? And how does this impact, if at all, number of offers made in the next round? 

So how long do most people from the first round tend to take in accepting the offer of admission? And how does this impact, if at all, number of offers made in the next round? 

I don't think it will impact next round at all

Question for everyone: I got the call that I've been admitted a week ago but I've yet to receive an email, an invite to the FB group, or my letter in the mail. Are there other people who are still waiting on any of those things?

ETA: just kidding, the email went to my spam folder (thanks Gmail!).

Edited by lizlizliz

Question for everyone: I got the call that I've been admitted a week ago but I've yet to receive an email, an invite to the FB group, or my letter in the mail. Are there other people who are still waiting on any of those things?

ETA: just kidding, the email went to my spam folder (thanks Gmail!).

Received my offer package in the mail last night! 

170 invitations through email have been sent out for the facebook group, of which approx. 150 have joined. Using the historical acceptance rate of 70%, we can estimate that about 120 of the 210 spots in the class are already filled. Expect another 130 offers of admission to fill up the remaining 90 spots.

Edited by CleverPseudonym

170 invitations through email have been sent out for the facebook group, of which approx. 150 have joined. Using the historical acceptance rate of 70%, we can estimate that about 120 of the 210 spots in the class are already filled. Expect another 130 offers of admission to fill up the remaining 90 spots.

Thank you sir. 

What's the point of that FB group anyways?

It becomes really important later on as it is the best way to connect with your classmates as well as receive updates by the faculty. 

It becomes really important later on as it is the best way to connect with your classmates as well as receive updates by the faculty. 

Oh so it's not just a "Welcome to UofT Law" group? That's cool! 

Oh so it's not just a "Welcome to UofT Law" group? That's cool! 

Nope, its actually a great way to keep in touch with your class for your whole law school experience and even after you graduate! 

I received my call/email/package in the mail already, no invite for any Facebook group though..... is it worth contacting them about it?

I received my call/email/package in the mail already, no invite for any Facebook group though..... is it worth contacting them about it?

Yes

Yes

been two days and they haven't replied to my e-mail...... they're probably planning all sorts of cool law school things without me dammit

been two days and they haven't replied to my e-mail...... they're probably planning all sorts of cool law school things without me dammit

It's finals week so they might have their hands full, wait abit longer and email them again. (Or if you know anyone in the group you can ask them to contact an admin to invite you).

This is really obvious, but: Check your spam? The Facebook invite comes through there.  

I sent admissions an email yesterday and they responded very promptly, fwiw. Give them a call? 

This is really obvious, but: Check your spam? The Facebook invite comes through there.  

I sent admissions an email yesterday and they responded very promptly, fwiw. Give them a call? 

Checked my spam/all the separate folders on Gmail, nothing. Honestly not super concerned, I already have my physical package so the Facebook group is more of an afterthought. I'll probably do what TheLawStudent said above and just try them again after they're less busy with exam stuff 

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeat or the wrong place for this, but is anyone else having problems accepting their offer through OLSAS? I know you're supposed to do it through the messaging tool but it's not giving me the option to reply to my offers. Super confused (and hate OLSAS in general).