Sign in to follow this  
orangecat

2016 offers?

Honestly people, most of you won't hear in December, even if they start then.

It's pointless to be worried about this. 

It doesn't say on your degree when you're admitted and it doesn't change your likelihood of getting in.

Honestly people, most of you won't hear in December, even if they start then.

It's pointless to be worried about this. 

It doesn't say on your degree when you're admitted and it doesn't change your likelihood of getting in.

for some of us, uoft is a matter of law school or no law school. For me, it is US law or Canadian law.

The result may have been determined in some black box, the adcom, but that doesn't mean it's pointless to be worried. If you decide to propose to your partner, and his/her reply may already be determined by some complicated algorithm (his/her brain), does it mean you don't need to be worried?

And if the result comes out soon, some of us will get a peace of mind. Don't you think that is also important?

for some of us, uoft is a matter of law school or no law school. For me, it is US law or Canadian law.

The result may have been determined in some black box, the adcom, but that doesn't mean it's pointless to be worried. If you decide to propose to your partner, and his/her reply may already be determined by some complicated algorithm (his/her brain), does it mean you don't need to be worried?

And if the result comes out soon, some of us will get a peace of mind. Don't you think that is also important?

The point is there is very little utility for any of us to worry about results that are out of our control; especially when the result could come anywhere from 5 minutes from now to 6 months from now.

The point is there is very little utility for any of us to worry about results that are out of our control; especially when the result could come anywhere from 5 minutes from now to 6 months from now.

But I think it's normal that some of us have our phone superglued to our arm this week. Simply not worrying and putting it out of our minds is easier said than done! I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but for me, getting the acceptance in December as opposed to January or March actually makes a big difference due to personal/logistical reasons.

edit: although, I actually don't expect it in December.

Edited by LWoods

I know it is a waste of time and energy to be worried too much. But when there is a lot at stake, I cannot shake off the feeling.

Yes, it is pointless, speaking of utility. I guess Pyke was right

You're going to be fine. Your LSAT is 4 points above median and your GPA is only 0.2 below median (and I don't even know if you dropped your lowest credits otherwise it will go up) I understand your decision will be us or Canadian law (as it is for many UofT students) but I doubt that will be a result of not getting in. Edited by TheLawStudent

Just to be clear, I am no better than anyone else - my phone has been on ring and full blast since black friday haha. However, deep down I know this is very irrational.

I'm slowly draining my battery by constantly refreshing this page. I should probably stop. This is unhealthy. Can someone please just get a real offer?

Oh you didn't know? U of T's new admission approach is to select whoever can withstand this stress the longest...like a survivor/last-person-standing situation. Kidding, obviously, but like your battery, I'm also slowly dying every hour that passes lol

Hang in there, everyone!

My money's on Friday as well. From what I can recall from the past two years' accepted threads, calls started going out on a Friday in both cases.

Guess that means we should all just chill out until Friday!

...I swear to god

I couldn't believe it either. Missed the call at first, frantically called back and it went to his voicemail, called again and got through. My last name is super high in the alphabet, so if there's any truth to the whole "alphabetical" thing then I very well may have been the first person they called

You're going to be fine. Your LSAT is 4 points above median and your GPA is only 0.2 below median (and I don't even know if you dropped your lowest credits otherwise it will go up) I understand your decision will be us or Canadian law (as it is for many UofT students) but I doubt that will be a result of not getting in.

Yes, my best 3 is 3.87, according to the olsas evaluation. Luckily, it turned out olsas and lsac has the same evaluation for my school.

To be honest, UofT is the main reason I want to study law in Canada. If I cannot get in, it will be a serious debate between other canadian schools and top14 american ones

Yes, my best 3 is 3.87, according to the olsas evaluation. Luckily, it turned out olsas and lsac has the same evaluation for my school.

To be honest, UofT is the main reason I want to study law in Canada. If I cannot get in, it will be a serious debate between other canadian schools and top14 american ones

my situation as well

• Like 1

Naw you'll be fine. Part of me wonders if UofT will be slightly more competitive this year because the low dollar might discourage some people from going over to the states for school, but even then your stats are incredibly competitive. 

Edited by TheLawStudent
  • Like 2

Wait does anybody know if the call came from a 'no called id' number? And also what happens if I missed the call??

I missed my call last year (was out of town) they simply leave a voicemail...the call is a formality meant to let you know as soon as possible so it doesn't  really matter. They will also send you an email (a few days after the call). and then a package in the mail, the package is the most important aspect of admissions. UofT is one of the few Canadian schools that I remember sending me a package. 

Congratulations to everyone who is getting in and for everyone else, you're stats are very impressive so I would not worry. If anyone has any questions please let me know, I am a 1L at UofT (currently procrastinating my final exam studying) if anyone has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!  

• Like 1