Sign in to follow this  
teedotfox

90.6 index: Worth a submission?

I calculated my index to be 90.6

76.3 average

and a 169 LSAT

From browsing around the board it seems like I would get rejected, but it also seems like the admissions index can vary a little bit.

90.6 seems pretty close to to 92 - 91.6 index acceptance from last cycle, when talking about precent differences lol, but some here make it sound like miles away

Guess it depends how much you value the cost of applying as well.

But what do you think? worth the long shot?

Unfortunately no :( The difference between 90.6 and 91.6 doesn't seem like a lot, but it is. In the last 4 years, I've never seen a 90.6 index get in through the regular category.

Would it be possible for you to apply through the discretionary category? Were there any special circumstances during your undergrad that may have caused lower marks? Do you have unique experiences (work/volunteer) that might make you exceptionally suited for the law program? Are you Aboriginal, or do you belong to a minority group?

Or, if you would be willing to rewrite your LSAT, that might be another way to go. Even a few extra points on the LSAT would make a big difference in your index score. UBC takes your highest LSAT score, so there is no downside to rewriting.

Even if UBC doesn't work out for you, your GPA/LSAT combination is very competitive in other law schools in Canada. This is especially true if you had a higher GPA in your last two years of undergrad, as some other schools only consider your last two years in their GPA calculation.

Best of luck with your application, and please keep us posted as to how things go! I'm rooting for you :)

Edited by sunnyskies1992
  • Like 1

Thank you for the kind words sunnyskies, genuine consideration means a lot. 

Yes I feel like I have a good shot at some other schools, as I have a 3.93 gpa in my masters degree, which will help with the schools that consider those marks. Just wanted an honest opinion about UBC.

Again thanks for your thoughts, and I hope you succeed at UBC! 

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words sunnyskies, genuine consideration means a lot. 

Yes I feel like I have a good shot at some other schools, as I have a 3.93 gpa in my masters degree, which will help with the schools that consider those marks. Just wanted an honest opinion about UBC.

Again thanks for your thoughts, and I hope you succeed at UBC! 

What schools consider masters degrees in admissions?