Sign in to follow this  
Protagonist

Transferring as a 1L

Hola,

I am thinking of transferring and was wondering what experiences people had/what rates of getting in were? Does anybody regret it?The LSAC site makes it seem like you can't do alot of activities like clininc and certain moots as a 2L transfer and have to wait until 3L  any truth in this, kinda concerning.  The passage on upper-year applicants also implies its really hitnmiss, can anyone attest?  I would be aiming at moving from an ON school to another ON most likely.

thanks for any help!

Hola,

I am thinking of transferring and was wondering what experiences people had/what rates of getting in were? Does anybody regret it?The LSAC site makes it seem like you can't do alot of activities like clininc and certain moots as a 2L transfer and have to wait until 3L  any truth in this, kinda concerning.  The passage on upper-year applicants also implies its really hitnmiss, can anyone attest?  I would be aiming at moving from an ON school to another ON most likely.

thanks for any help!

Transferred schools...got more opportunities (moot and clinic)

Transferred schools, missed out on all moot opportunities for second year. Also, it is true that you will go from having a solid group of friends (going the the 1l battle together), to starting from scratch (unless you know some people at the school you transfer to). Overall I regret transferring at this point, but it is still early (not even two full months in). 

I'm also looking to transfer. 

Transferred schools, missed out on all moot opportunities for second year. Also, it is true that you will go from having a solid group of friends (going the the 1l battle together), to starting from scratch (unless you know some people at the school you transfer to). Overall I regret transferring at this point, but it is still early (not even two full months in). 

Just curious, what have you done to try to make new friends or at least get to know your classmates? Does everyone already have their group?