UofC Admissions

Submitting Your Application

I am very happy to report that we received the November LSAT reports this week, and they have all been entered! The only applicants who should still have the LSAT listed on their To Do List are those who are writing in January.

If you aren't writing or rewriting the LSAT in January, and the LSAT is still on your To Do List, please send an email to [email protected] so we can get that sorted out for you.

If you have decided to write or rewrite in January and haven't already let us know, please also send an email to [email protected], so we can update your application and pull your LSAT report in February.

Have a great weekend!

Malina

This is my last update of 2018!

We will be closed from December 24, 2018 to January 1, 2019 for the holiday break.

Current students may start sending transcripts for their current institutions in January, after Fall 2018 grades become available.

Happy holidays!

Malina

Quick question - if you'd rather me directly message you I can do that please ask! But in regards to fall 2018 grades and sending in these newly updated transcripts: this fall semester I was in four classes, two single semester three credit "half classes" as they're called at uCalgary, and two full year classes. I've received both of my final grades for these two half classes, but I haven't got grades for my full year classes' midterm marks yet. 

I have no idea if Calgary wants anything with these midterm grades for my full year courses, or if you'd only be concerned with them if I was to be waitlisted or accepted in which case I'd send my fully updated transcripts with my Winter 2019 grades on them as well. 

In short, am I good to send in my transcripts now as it has my two half class grades on it? 

On 1/4/2019 at 5:54 PM, thesizzlingwok said:

Quick question - if you'd rather me directly message you I can do that please ask! But in regards to fall 2018 grades and sending in these newly updated transcripts: this fall semester I was in four classes, two single semester three credit "half classes" as they're called at uCalgary, and two full year classes. I've received both of my final grades for these two half classes, but I haven't got grades for my full year classes' midterm marks yet. 

I have no idea if Calgary wants anything with these midterm grades for my full year courses, or if you'd only be concerned with them if I was to be waitlisted or accepted in which case I'd send my fully updated transcripts with my Winter 2019 grades on them as well. 

In short, am I good to send in my transcripts now as it has my two half class grades on it? 

We only consider coursework completed up to the end of December 31 of the year the application is submitted, so as long as the grades for your three credit courses in Fall 2018 appear on the transcript, you may send it now.

Winter 2019 grades won't be considered for the Fall 2019 admissions cycle. We also do not consider midterm grades, which are very unlikely to even appear on a transcript.

Transcripts must be postmarked by/on the February 15 supporting document deadline.

Cheers!

Malina

2 hours ago, UofC Admissions said:

We only consider coursework completed up to the end of December 31 of the year the application is submitted, so as long as the grades for your three credit courses in Fall 2018 appear on the transcript, you may send it now.

Winter 2019 grades won't be considered for the Fall 2019 admissions cycle. We also do not consider midterm grades, which are very unlikely to even appear on a transcript.

Transcripts must be postmarked by/on the February 15 supporting document deadline.

Cheers!

Malina

Hi Malina,

How long does it take for a transcript to be updated on the portal? I sent an initial transcript in October and an updated one with my Fall grades about a month ago. But, the portal says nothing has been received yet.

Just wondering if mine got lost ...

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Zanoxide said:

Hi Malina,

How long does it take for a transcript to be updated on the portal? I sent an initial transcript in October and an updated one with my Fall grades about a month ago. But, the portal says nothing has been received yet.

Just wondering if mine got lost ...

Thanks!

Likewise - that being said I remember when submitting my application on the portal where you can view and edit your application that it had said it had been received, so I'd like to think this is just an error on that screen, but I share in your sentiment that it's alarming to see on your application that they're awaiting transcripts still. 

Good afternoon, I understand that this is a very busy time for the admissions office, but I was wondering if any insight could be given on approximately when another round of offers will go out? 

2 hours ago, PBateman411 said:

Good afternoon, I understand that this is a very busy time for the admissions office, but I was wondering if any insight could be given on approximately when another round of offers will go out? 

this. For real, I need to know 😩

3 hours ago, PBateman411 said:

16 minutes ago, bigfudge2017 said:

this. For real, I need to know 😩

My suspicions - not to speculate but I can't help it either wondering when another round will come out - but my suspicions are that there may be a couple more before February 15th from promising students that already had very very promising grades and LSATs, then I feel like they may start coming a little later after all transcripts for this past semester are due, received, and added to the applications for the bulk of the applicants that are within a competitive range of one another. Just my thoughts but with January LSATs being written soon and updated transcripts being submitted I imagine there may be a bit of a radio silence on school's behalves with these busy times for them after the first round of acceptances having gone out to high scorers. Best of luck to you both, nonetheless!

2 hours ago, thesizzlingwok said:

My suspicions - not to speculate but I can't help it either wondering when another round will come out - but my suspicions are that there may be a couple more before February 15th from promising students that already had very very promising grades and LSATs, then I feel like they may start coming a little later after all transcripts for this past semester are due, received, and added to the applications for the bulk of the applicants that are within a competitive range of one another. Just my thoughts but with January LSATs being written soon and updated transcripts being submitted I imagine there may be a bit of a radio silence on school's behalves with these busy times for them after the first round of acceptances having gone out to high scorers. Best of luck to you both, nonetheless!

Yeah that’s possible! Some people who’ve been accepted so far have literally identical stats to me so hopefully I can expect an offer coming before mid feb

1 hour ago, bigfudge2017 said:

Yeah that’s possible! Some people who’ve been accepted so far have literally identical stats to me so hopefully I can expect an offer coming before mid feb

Hahaha ahhh yes, that is difficult to see, I've seen a couple too, in your head everytime you're like "what did they do that I haven't? Do I somehow seem that arrogant/uninteresting/undeserving in my personal statement?"

All in time though! Plenty of acceptances to come and if you're on the mark with those already accepted this early then yep we have very good chances! 

1 minute ago, thesizzlingwok said:

Hahaha ahhh yes, that is difficult to see, I've seen a couple too, in your head everytime you're like "what did they do that I haven't? Do I somehow seem that arrogant/uninteresting/undeserving in my personal statement?"

All in time though! Plenty of acceptances to come and if you're on the mark with those already accepted this early then yep we have very good chances! 

Definitely. In my case though I’m a current student so I had to wait till January to send my transcript anyways so it wasn’t as bitter as it could’ve been. I was green circled Monday. 

we’ll be fine :) good luck! 

I am not sure whether it was asked, but my status still says "The Faculty of Law has not received sufficient documents to begin an evaluation of your application at this time."

I indicated that I am rewriting the LSAT in January when applying and it's still on the to do list. Does this mean that the admission will not start evaluating my application before getting the January LSAT score? Thanks.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, Lindenbaum said:

I am not sure whether it was asked, but my status still says "The Faculty of Law has not received sufficient documents to begin an evaluation of your application at this time."

I indicated that I am rewriting the LSAT in January when applying and it's still on the to do list. Does this mean that the admission will not start evaluating my application before getting the January LSAT score? Thanks.

That is correct. That is the risk of writing the January exam.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I’m sorry it’s been so long since my last update. With the supporting document deadline and the January LSATs, it has been incredibly busy here in the admissions office, because most applications become complete between January and March.

We got all of the January LSATs entered last week, so the LSAT shouldn't be on To Do Lists anymore, unless you didn't write the LSAT by the deadline. If the LSAT is still on your To Do List and you did write the LSAT, please send an email to [email protected] 

To answer the questions upthread about when rounds of offers go out: we don’t have planned rounds of offers. We continually send out decision notifications as soon as we know that a decision can be made.

I said this in another thread, but I should probably include it here too:

Something to keep in mind this cycle is that there is now a January LSAT instead of December, and there is just no way to know how that is going to impact the application cycle until we’ve actually experienced the full cycle.

Our goal has always been – and still is – to send every applicant an offer, regrets, or waitlist notification by the end of June. We’ve been able to get them all out by mid-May for the past several years; however, since we received the final LSAT reports a month later than in previous cycles, it is quite possible that we may finish closer to the actual goal both this year and going forward.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Malina

• Like 1

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

I am happy to announce that we have completed our assessments for Fall 2019, and all applicants have been sent an email with either an offer, regrets, or waitlist notification.

If you can't find your decision notification, please contact us at [email protected] and we can resend the email.

-Malina

• Like 1

I hope you're all having a lovely fall so far! 🍂

We have been advised by IT that the online application will be down from 4 p.m. MST on September 26 to 8 a.m. MST on September 27 for system maintenance. Please ensure you save your work and sign out of your application before the maintenance begins so you don't lose your progress!

Cheers!

Malina

The Registrar's Office has decided to simplify the application status symbols in the Student Centre, so only final admissions decisions will now appear as icons. I'd like to take a moment of silence to say goodbye to our old friends: the yellow triangle and green circle.

You can tell whether your application is complete by checking your To Do List. If your To Do List no longer has anything listed for your JD application, you are fine! (It was always the absence of To Do List items for your JD application that prompted the change from yellow triangle to green circle.)

You can also click on the big red button that says "status" next to your application. The wording in the Admissions Decision section will change from we "have not received sufficient documents" to saying that we "have received sufficient documents" after you no longer have any To Do List items for your JD application. This wording only updates once or twice a day when the system cycles, so please give it time to update after your final To Do List item disappears!

It is the clearing of the JD application To Do List items that flags your application as complete for us too!

Have a great weekend! :)

Malina

Can I send my undergrad transcripts in before January if I am not enrolled this semester and finishing my undergrad next semester? My course list for next semester is not finalized, but waiting until January will not give any additional insight into my academic performance.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, flyingfish said:

Can I send my undergrad transcripts in before January if I am not enrolled this semester and finishing my undergrad next semester? My course list for next semester is not finalized, but waiting until January will not give any additional insight into my academic performance.

Please still wait until January to send the transcript for your current institution. It isn't just about grades; we also want to see your status with that institution up to December 31.

Cheers!

Malina