Sign in to follow this  
nblawstudent

Grading Scheme

Hi, as a future applicant from NB, I was just wondering if past students could confirm the previously posted grading scheme that allocates an A- to 88%, A 90+, and also I was wondering if this is the case if any of you past students have actually achieved A°s in your degree or the occurrence thereof.

I attended the Fac in Moncton... It's kind of hard to say exactly what grade (A's, B's, C's, or D's) is allocated to each % group sort to speak, but what you have there seems like it would be about right. A+ is allocated to a 4,3 and so it is only given for literally a PERFECT grade. This means that if you have A+ on everything you hand in for a specific class but you get an A on an assignment that is worth 5%, the grade you will receive for that class is A, not A+.

That being said, I can confirm that A's are perfectly achievable... Like I said, I did attend that Faculty and I managed to get A's quite a few times... 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Well, the fact is that you are currently unemployed and looking for a job. I wouldn't shy away from the question if it came up. It certainly will in your next interview. Besides, why are you focusing on networking right now instead of reaching out to firms directly? It doesn't hurt you but this seems to be more immediate than any potential networking opportunity that could come up.   
    • True ! This is another route you can go !  There's more information on that process here: https://www.barreau.qc.ca/fr/ressources-avocats/tableau-ordre/permis-exercice/.
    • Yeah i certainly agree with you, and maybe the principal had to demonstrate that they couldn't afford to pay me anymore, but unfortunately there isn't any way for me to know/have access to that information if the principal wasn't willing to offer it. Despite being a litigation lawyer, my principal hates, as is awkward around, direct confrontation and for whatever reason she didn't want to offer information one way or another. I'm just trying to find a way forward despite what's happened to me, and have in particular been having difficulty networking as a nonlawyer, because inevitably my unemployment status comes up and then any lawyer i'm meeting feels like the only reason i'm talking to them is because I want a job so its hard to create the rapport that would actually result in a job. 
    • You don't need to go to bar school. You can get called in another province, then write the transfer exams.
    • I meant that @BlockedQuebecois' assessment of Bay Street (I guess West Georgia/Burrard here?) firms representing corporate as well as FN interests at roughly the same rate is correct, from my experience. You mention disputes, but I think contrary to popular belief there actually aren't many disputes between FNs and corporations.  Most of the work we do on behalf of FNs is consultation and accommodation work alongside corporations represented by large firms, not litigation against them.   On Fasken's website, for instance, many of the aboriginal law files they have listed are also files we've worked on together - just from the FN side.  Since this is a large portion of our files you could say that re: consultation and accommodation, boutiques like ours would do the bulk of the work for FNs, and that in this case large firms are representing corporate interests.    However, for high-stakes litigation, FNs tend to go with larger firms.  One client that comes to mind has our firm as the go-to for general work and Specific Claims, but went with Gowlings back when they were challenging the pipeline ruling.  It's also not uncommon for FNs to have large firms act as general counsel or do corporate work.  Especially when it comes to high-stakes litigation, large firms are doing the bulk of the work and are directly representing FN interests. Basically, there is some aboriginal law work that is exclusive to boutiques and some that is exclusive to large firms.  There's also some general work that could be done by either.  It evens out to roughly the same for large firms.