Sign in to follow this  
transferquestions

Transfer hopefuls

Does anyone know what GPA seems to be safe for a transfer acceptance into Uvic? Also curious as to whether Uvic considers compassionate reasons. Thanks for any info. 

I think someone posted on a previous post that UVic had told them B+ was a rough estimate of the average needed. Have you asked UVic? I have found them to be very speedy and helpful in their replies.

I'm not sure when they start going out, but when I got mine (albeit several years ago) it was in the first/second week of June.

When I e-mailed to ask, they said I would expect to hear by mid-July... I don't know if that is because my file just went complete on Monday or if that is the general timeline. 

Just got my transfer today, so they've started sending them out

Did you hear by e-mail? 

I got an offer today too, by email.

Is it a bad sign that I have not heard? Is it a one-wave thing? Kind of freaking out now...

I think it's best to ask admissions, but I think it depends on whether all offers sent out are accepted; If not, I'd think there'd be room for more offers.

Do you mind sharing when your application was completed? When did you send in your final grades?

Do you mind sharing when your application was completed? When did you send in your final grades?

Application was completed April 28, marks sent on May 4.

Mine didn't go complete until May 25th...grades weren't available till then. Hope that doesn't hurt my chances.

Application was completed April 28, marks sent on May 4.

Thats great you sent your marks early. Mine was not completed until late May

Mine didn't go complete until May 25th...grades weren't available till then. Hope that doesn't hurt my chances.

I hope it doesn't either. It wouldn't be fair for them to assess your application negatively because of that. I'm sure if your application was competitive you will get in regardless!

Thats great you sent your marks early. Mine was not completed until late May

Same to you, I doubt it will have much of an impact that it was past the deadline.

Hi guys,

I had some trouble getting a hold of the school, so I don't think my file actually went complete until June 9. I just got an offer today.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi guys,

I had some trouble getting a hold of the school, so I don't think my file actually went complete until June 9. I just got an offer today.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi again,

I just got a private message asking about stats. I only had a B average (76%) but compelling compassionate reasons (direct family member with a rare and incurable medical condition). If i were to draw any inferences from this it would be that UVic may place additional weight on particularly compelling compassionate reasons.  I hope this helps.