On 6/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, UAbear2018 said:

In essence, my advice is to spend more time focussing on the big picture than the minute details. Once you have the picture developed, fill it with as many details as you can, but the order of priority should be understanding how things fit together, THEN figuring out the particular elements of each case/section. I do this by building flowcharts/checklists for the various units throughout the semester. As I have time to read cases closely, I will fill in these charts/checklists with particular details so I can draw analogies on the exam. 

Thanks so much for your advice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• @BlockedQuebecoisAcademic freedom isn't carte blanche for homophobia/racism/transphobia @Cookies20000Also, "they" is less awkward than writing s/he her/his. 
    • My auntie lives in Vernon which is about a 90 minute drive so I’ll surely bring a car should I get in... plus I’ll frequent Blazers games as well.
    • The OLE indices are decent. You might be able to make better ones but that'll take quite some time. Either way, you'll have to spend a fair bit of time familiarizing yourself with whichever index you use (or alternatively just use the long version of the table of contents). Past exams aren't available but practice exams are available to purchase online (in a format that prevents copyright infringement).
    • I've mentored high school students who were considering this program, and I like to think that I saved their careers. It is a huge money grab. I got into a heated argument once with an admissions officer from the program, who was telling high school students that Laurier was ahead of other schools in the "law" area, by breaking down barriers and creating a tailored partnership program that would allow them to bypass the numerous "barriers" in Canada to become lawyers in a quicker and easier fashion. And they were arguing that there is a demand for lawyers in Ontario/Canada and this program was created to help service that demand. Plus what else can beat the international experience of studying in the UK, right? Go figure.  It's incredibly sad how this program and the one at Trent (https://www.trentu.ca/futurestudents/degree/law-arts-law-business-trentswansea-dual-degree-llb-babba?target=undergraduate) were created to target naive high schoolers. I understand targeting university students, but children? Please. 
    • This program is a massive money grab – totally not worth it. There is a chance you might not even want to be a lawyer by the time the Sussex part rolls around (as mentioned by @Turtles), and on top of that foreign degrees just aren't worth it, especially if you are still in grade 12.  OP's parents, for the love of God, please let your child attend an undergraduate institution and pursue a degree of their choice. If they want to pursue law, get your undergrad degree, get good grades, write the LSAT, and then apply to a law school in Canada if that is still what you want when you graduate.