Sign in to follow this  
NL709

Admissions 2015

Anyone already apply for/ get a response from admissions for September 2015? I submitted my application on January 23 and it is currently à l'étude. Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to process the application once it is recieved? In what circumstances are applicants required to write the French test?

Is anyone currently attending Moncton? Can you shed some light on the class makeup in previous years, i.e. ratio of Canadian vs. international students, native francophone vs. anglophone, average age, etc.?

My application was received Jan. 28th I believe..

My status is the same as yours. I contacted Lise Briard (I believe that is her name) and she said I should hear a response within 1-1.5 weeks.

My nerves have the best of me right now! I check the status of my application at least once/hour.

Hope you hear some good news soon!

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one checking the status obsessively!

Actually, I checked and my application was only sent to the faculty for evaluation on February 4 (one of my reference letters arrived later), so maybe you will hear before me.

Thanks for the info on the processing timeframe--that's definitely helpful. I suspected that they did rolling admissions, but wasn't sure. Did you attend U de Moncton for undergrad studies? Are you expecting to write the French test? I wonder if that factors into the processing time.

Good luck and hopefully you get some news soon too!

I guess obsessive behaviour pays off-- accepted! I'm still waiting on a response from U Ottawa, but I haven't decided which is a better fit. Good luck to all and hope to see you in September!

Did it only take a week and a half to get your answer after they received your final reference letter?

How was your GPA?

I'm stressing a little over my GPA.

Yes! They got my last letter on Feb 4 and I recieved a firm offer of admission today. It's not conditional on the French test either, which surprised me because I am a native anglophone. I do have a degree in translation though and work for a francophone organization

Honestly I was super nervous about my GPA. I have two undergraduates, and my grades for the first were fairly weak (maybe a 3.1) but I believe Moncton only considers the last three years. My CGPA from my second degree was a 3.86/4.0. I addressed the drastic change in my application, so maybe that helped.

Do you have much work experience? I found the application form pretty limiting if you have a lot of experience. The admissions officer suggested I include a brief CV with my application, which I did.

I am actually shocked that they processed the application so quickly and before the deadline.

I hope this helps:) when did you submit your application?

Hope you get good news soon!

Hey,

I have submitted my application in January, but reference letters are only getting in. I have done multiple ride alongs with the RCMP and have a fairly weak GPA as well, but my majors are Psych and Crim (law focus and not theory). I have a good CV, but was never mentioned to include it.

I have to agree that the application is fairly simple, but I have good references, one from a prof. who has a JD and a LLM and three other degrees and well known in NB. Hopefully, that will pull in my favour.

Hopefully they only consider the last three years haha

Also we have model courts in Crim. so that is some experience as well. I feel like an interview could be beneficial, but I believe they are pretty lenient and accept pretty much everyone that applies...

I am impatiently waiting for an answer. This is beyond stressful.

Edited by JD2015

Hey,

I have submitted my application in January, but reference letters are only getting in. I have done multiple ride alongs with the RCMP and have a fairly weak GPA as well, but my majors are Psych and Crim (law focus and not theory). I have a good CV, but was never mentioned to include it.

I have to agree that the application is fairly simple, but I have good references, one from a prof. who has a JD and a LLM and three other degrees and well known in NB. Hopefully, that will pull in my favour.

Hopefully they only consider the last three years haha

I am impatiently waiting for an answer. This is beyond stressful.

I wouldn't worry too much about your GPA. I get the sense that the whole picture is more important than just grades.

As far as the CV is concerned, I'm not sure if it was considered. I was honestly only including it to give a timeline of my activity since high school. I often worked full time while in school, and there was no way to indicate that on the form.

One of my references was professional rather than academic, but both were very strong. I wonder how seriously they consider your reference letters?

keep me posted on your application status! Now that I'm accepted I'm super eager to find out who else is in:)

P.S. I checked my emails from Lise, and they definitely only count your last 3 years. Hopefully that works in your favour.

Edited by NL709

Admitted two weeks ago :) graduated from uOttawa in finance. Still waiting to hear back from another school.

Feel free to ask questions about my profil/ si vous avez des questions posez les!!

• Like 1

Congrats, Matthias1L! Did you also apply to UOttawa's French JD program? I also applied to U of O, but haven't recieved a reply yet. I'm still not sure which is my first choice, but perhaps we will be classmates:)

Edited by NL709

@JD2015 my first two years were not excellent to say the most, but I ended my third year with an 8.0/10 and my 4th year with a 9.5/10 GPA. I can't really comment on my personal statement because I will be biased but I believe it was strong! Good references from reputable organizations.

@bluecoatgirl bonne chance! j'espère te voir en septembre 2015 !!

J'ai regardé à mon profil d'admission en ligne hier et c'était inscrit: admission anticipée. Je dois faire mon test de français et compléter mon Bacc. et je crois recevoir une 'firm admission'.

Super excité pour septembre 2015!

Bonjour à tous, 

J'ai personnellement été accepté ce jeudi dernier, à condition que j'envois mon diplôme par la poste à la faculté d'ici les prochains mois. Donc, j'ai reçu une offre anticipée (conditionnelle).

J'étais pour créer un groupe Facebook qui s'intitule JDMONCTON2015 d'ici les prochaines semaines. Ce groupe serait utile pour n'importe quel type de discussion (logement, frais de scolarité, bourses, droit, etc.) concernant la préparation à la rentrée scolaire. 

Est-ce qu'il y a des gens qui sont POUR cette idée?

Merci, 

Philippe. 

• Like 1

Do we have to wait for them to send us more information on the French Test or do we have to go somewhere to write it?

Hey Matthias1L,

This is from the FAQ section on the Faculty of Law website:

Quand dois-je écrire mon test de français?

Si votre admission est conditionnelle à l’obtention d’un C+ au test de français, nous communiquerons avec vous au début mai afin de fixer la date de votre test, qui peut avoir lieu selon votre disponibilité et à l’université de votre choix.

Ce test comprend une rédaction de 400 mots sur l’un des quatre sujets qui vous seront proposés au moment du test. L’usage du dictionnaire, de la grammaire ou de tout autre outil linguistique est permis, à l’exclusion des notes manuscrites. La durée de l’examen est de trois heures.

I wasn't asked to write it, but I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat?

Also, FYI I asked Lise Briard about entrance scholarships, and she confirmed that we do not need to apply for them (it happens automatically when you apply for admission), and offers will be maile dout in May.