marciaxo

Index for automatic admission

Perhaps a noob question, but I assume there is a difference between Forwarded for Review and Committee for Review? What is that difference? 

16 minutes ago, MB350 said:

Perhaps a noob question, but I assume there is a difference between Forwarded for Review and Committee for Review? What is that difference? 

From reading other posts it appears that people get this status if they are under the auto-admit index. Supposedly your application is reviewed by a committee and they may consider other factors in your application besides GPA and LSAT.

50 minutes ago, Aschenbach said:

When did you submit your app? They could still be going through applications. I submitted mine in early October and didn't get the committee to review status until ~10 days ago.

I submitted mine on the day applications opened and it got submitted to review sometime in October, so it's been awhile haha. I'm under the auto index as well, at 895, so I know it will go to review I'm just surprised it hasn't by now given how long it's been!

1 hour ago, vanhopeful95 said:

I submitted mine on the day applications opened and it got submitted to review sometime in October, so it's been awhile haha. I'm under the auto index as well, at 895, so I know it will go to review I'm just surprised it hasn't by now given how long it's been!

Yeah that’s frustrating. Are you waiting for a January LSAT score as well? Maybe you can give them a call and kindly request a general timeline of when you can expect to hear back. I found they are very pleasant over the phone.

3 minutes ago, Aschenbach said:

Yeah that’s frustrating. Are you waiting for a January LSAT score as well? Maybe you can give them a call and kindly request a general timeline of when you can expect to hear back. I found they are very pleasant over the phone.

No, my score is from June 2018 and not expecting anything else haha! I haven't gotten through over the phone, it's always busy, but maybe I'll send an email :) Thanks for your input! Hope to see you in September

11 minutes ago, vanhopeful95 said:

No, my score is from June 2018 and not expecting anything else haha! I haven't gotten through over the phone, it's always busy, but maybe I'll send an email :) Thanks for your input! Hope to see you in September

No problem! See you in Sept! I`ve had success calling them early in the morning around 8:15-8:30 am.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, iliketodrinkwater said:

Does anybody know if the index for auto-admit is still 905 for the upcoming cycle? Thanks!

@iliketodrinkwater

We probably won't know for a little while until they have more submissions - I think it changes depending on the applicant pool, but someone correct me if I'm wrong 

On 9/5/2019 at 6:36 PM, iliketodrinkwater said:

Does anybody know if the index for auto-admit is still 905 for the upcoming cycle? Thanks!

I talked to them on the phone and they said that last year it was 910, but it could be different this year and they can't say yet.

Does anyone know what the auto admit index is for Fall 2021 admission? I've heard in previous years that its been around 910 but I was wondering if anyone has heard for this cycle?

• Like 8

On 11/2/2020 at 1:19 PM, lawlawlaw99662 said:

Does anyone know what the auto admit index is for Fall 2021 admission? I've heard in previous years that its been around 910 but I was wondering if anyone has heard for this cycle?

Any update on the index for this year and if it's gone up? I feel like we need a new thread cause this one's getting crusty

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toastedguac said:

Any update on the index for this year and if it's gone up? I feel like we need a new thread cause this one's getting crusty

When I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking what the admissions index was, Dailene replied saying to ask at the end of the admissions cycle. Which is weird, but anyhow 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, deliciouskiwi said:

When I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking what the admissions index was, Dailene replied saying to ask at the end of the admissions cycle. Which is weird, but anyhow 🤷‍♂️

That's ok, do we know how many applicants there are this year?

I put together a quick list of regular JD acceptances from the acceptance thread: https://imgur.com/a/ns0hFiX

Only looked to include posts that could reasonable calculate an index for, used 7Sage Score to Percentile converting list. 

Definitely not a full comprehensive list, so treat it with a grain of salt, but might offer some clarity

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, RUIQ said:

I put together a quick list of regular JD acceptances from the acceptance thread: https://imgur.com/a/ns0hFiX

Only looked to include posts that could reasonable calculate an index for, used 7Sage Score to Percentile converting list. 

Definitely not a full comprehensive list, so treat it with a grain of salt, but might offer some clarity

Thank you for this. My only worry is that we've still got all of the January applications to go through, a lot of which will have pretty high indexes.