Sign in to follow this  
Hobz

Everyone who has officially taken the test, How close to PT average did you score?

I only did one full-length PT before I took the LSAT (June 2014), and got the same score as I did on the actual test (163). I don't find that being under pressure has a huge effect on my test performance in general, though. If I weren't a confident test-taker I would have prepped more.

Same score as PT but peaked at opposite time.  In practice I did worse as time elapsed making more and more stupid mistakes.  In the actual test I got better as the test wore on.  Why?  Nerves, I guess.  I got into a groove after 15 minutes.  If only I could have the first 10 questions back again.....

Thanks. I don't really know what accounted for that kind of jump, but it was definitely a great surprise. 

Before the June write (score: 157), I prep-tested from 154-160 (avg. was 157, though). Didn't write another PT before the September write and I bumped my score to 162. :) 

Edited by sansasnark

This thread seems to be self selection of a poll question in action ... practically everyone bucked the trend and did much better than their PT avg.

This thread seems to be self selection of a poll question in action ... practically everyone bucked the trend and did much better than their PT avg.

4 people above, 2 people the same and 2 lower? Haha with the small sample, I don't see anything too crazy.

Pt'd at 168 average for my last 10, and got 164 on my actual dec write.

I partially blame the little sleep i got the night before.

4 people above, 2 people the same and 2 lower? Haha with the small sample, I don't see anything too crazy.

I honestly didn't do many full pts under strict conditions because I knew I could sit down and get into "test mode", but the average number of "incorrects" lined up very well with the various sections I used as practice. I'd say that it should be pretty much what you're testing at if a) you're fairly consistent and b) you can keep yourself calm under the pressure. 

Last five PTs (of about 20 total) I did before September LSAT were around 166-169, ended up with a 164. 

I did a lot of PTs and calculated the 95% confidence interval (I like stats LOL).

95%CI: 167-170; range: 164-171

September LSAT: 165

December LSAT: 171.

It'll generally be close to the range of your PTs

177ish average? ended up getting 172. Worse section happened to be the section I forgot to reset my watch for so could just be because of that