Sign in to follow this  
Balaclava

Supporting Documents - When to Upload?

Hi,

On McGill's website, they say:

"Applicants may, and are strongly encouraged to UPLOAD supporting documents via Minerva the day after having completed the online application (after having received the acknowledgment notice via email)."

I've already asked my referees to write my LoRs, but I am not quite ready with my personal statement yet. If I don't submit my demand soon, I fear that my referees' letters may arrive before my demand (and go in the waste bin?) But if I submit my demand soon, I won't be able to send McGill my personal statement "the day after having completed the online application" either.

So my question is, does it matter if there is a big gap between the time I send my application and the time I send my personal statement, provided both arrive before the November 1st deadline?

Thanks!

I applied twice and both times my CV and personal statement were the last documents I submitted. It didn't seem to cause a problem. That being said, the best people to answer your question are the (lovely) admissions staff. Good luck !

Edited by Applicant2012
  • Like 1

Ask the committee to be sure, but I'm guessing it won't be a problem. I did the same the year I applied.

whoa I had no idea...I submitted the application weeks ago but haven't upload anything! Thanks for letting me know.

I thought the reviewing process does not start until after the deadline. Anyone know the rationale behind this?

I emailed the admission committee and I will post their response in case others are wondering as well.

whoa I had no idea...I submitted the application weeks ago but haven't upload anything! Thanks for letting me know.

I thought the reviewing process does not start until after the deadline. Anyone know the rationale behind this?

I emailed the admission committee and I will post their response in case others are wondering as well.

Any response? I didn't know this was a concern either. I have not yet uploaded any documents but have paid for the application.

Any response? I didn't know this was a concern either. I have not yet uploaded any documents but have paid for the application.

They said it's ok, but unfortunately I lost the letter to the trash box so I can't post it. :(

Did they say if they're starting to look at applications before Nov 8? Just curious - I went RFR on the 18th! :P I'll probably have to wait ages, but it's already killing me! XD 

Timing is everything

what do you mean by this? i plan to upload my stuff on the last day, given that I know my references won't be done until sometime after nov1.

I know they do early reviewing for those who already have everything submitted on time but it doesn't make any sense to me to upload early. The deadline is nov 1 so I am not pressed to do it any earlier. 

Edited by dreama1

what do you mean by this? i plan to upload my stuff on the last day, given that I know my references won't be done until sometime after nov1.

I know they do early reviewing for those who already have everything submitted on time but it doesn't make any sense to me to upload early. The deadline is nov 1 so I am not pressed to do it any earlier.

No worries, you didn't burn any bridges Edited by dd1991

No worries, you didn't burn any bridges

is the deadline for cv and personal statement november 8th or november 1st? It says the application deadline is nov 1 which i assume it means the payment etc. 

is the deadline for cv and personal statement november 8th or november 1st? It says the application deadline is nov 1 which i assume it means the payment etc. 

I would upload all by Nov.1st just to be safe..

• Like 1

It's pretty clear. You need to finish the online application by November 1st, and all support materials (transcript, letter, reference, CV) by Nov 8 (Jan 15 if you're an advanced standing student).

My year was all on the same date. You're being spoiled having the additional week to get materials in :P

well they changed the date from nov 30 to nov 1. Anyone know why?

Edited by dreama1

Hey there,

This is my first time posting and applying. I was looking over the application and have gotten a little confused.... what does 'contact type' mean under the referee part. I think I remember stating they were my professor and I believe it asked me how long I have known them. Cause upon reviewing my report I indicated the years. I could have done this wrong though. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks guys!